Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By ODST_EG
#347852 Ok so I just got my rack and pinion done over a week ago and I noticed my steering was a bit "loose" but I kinda figured its just the feel of a better rack and pinion. So the other night I was driving to LA to pick up some rims and I hit something huge on the freeway, no damage to the cars body but I got a flat tire from it and so did 4 other people. Anyways Now when Im driving, if I floor it or pick up speed over 40 MpH it feels like im driving on ice and im just gonna slide across the road but then it corrects itself and theres a traction feel again. I just checked under my car today and nothing is bent and everything looks fine.

Anyone got any idea what this could be? :(

I was going to install my new front and rear LCA's along with my Megan racing tie rods but I wanna wait now cuz I don't want that new stuff to get messed up. Im waiting until I get my Integra rear and front brake assembly now so I can put new ball joints in those and do the swap all at once.
By teal_dx
#347861 If you hit something hard enough to blow out the tire, it probably messed up the alignment as well. I'd get to an alignment shop. Have them give you the specs before and after the alignment so you can know how bad off it was.
By HeikDiesel
#347867 When I had slightly sloppy steering the bolts on the coupler between the rack and the column had become loose. You make make sure those are tight
By SloCivic
HeikDiesel wrote:When I had slightly sloppy steering the bolts on the coupler between the rack and the column had become loose. You make make sure those are tight

+1.
make sure all of your bolts are tight under the steering column, as well as all of your subframe mounting bolts. Also check your steering rack bushings.