Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By JakEGlove
#326298 Hey guys, this is my first post so sorry if its already something that's been answered..

Ok so I'm getting my first eg soon and I'm wondering if anyone could post a "to do" list for a new civic.

I know the routine tune up drill, (filters, plugs and wires, fluids, etc...)

But I'm wondering if there are some key gaskets that need replaced or hardware I should start with. Also are there any OEM parts on this model that need to be replaced for improved performance?

I just want to get this car good and Mechanically sound before I start throwing money at aftermarket parts. I plan on keeping this car for a long time so I want to do it right.

Anything will help so just let me know what you think! :thumb:
By teal_dx
#326302 It really depends on how well the previous owner took care and maintained the car. Be sure it is accident free with a clean title :thumb:

I'd look for one that is rust free (and bondo free)

Generally a stock car owned by an adult is far less abused than a modded car owned by a teen.

Parts on these cars don't wear out prematurely very often... Check over the motor (clean oil & coolant) do a compression test if you have any doubt. Check the tranny for grinds and clutch for slipping. Inspect the CV boots and listen for the cv joints clicking when turning at full lock.

Don't buy ANYTHING with a wire tuck unless you know who did it. :lol:
By JakEGlove
#326303 Thanks alot! Very helpful :thumb: