Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By GotHatch?
#320071 This all started when I switched wiring harnesses at first the speedometer didint work at all and no CEL then I unplugged everything to test to see if it was getting power and was connected and then It bounced a time or two and gave me a VSS CEL. Then I decided to check the thermostat ground and reset the ECU at the same time to clear the VSS code. I cleaned the ground point off good and put it back together hooked the battery up and took it for a test spin.

Here is what happened I have not checked to see if I have a VSS code again or not yet. Sorry about the shakeyness its hard to drive with no power steering small wheel and shift while holding a phone lol.

Honda Bad VSS? - YouTube
By TrailerTrash
#320082 id put money on it being the VSS. my girlfriends coupe had a bad VSS and most of the time the speedo didnt read at all but once in awhile it would bounce like that.
By GotHatch?
#320089 Speedo is working fine right now and no CEL for it so I will just toss the VSS i ordered in the glove box in case I need it anytime lol.
By TrailerTrash
#320098 the connector on the sensor could be loose/broken causing it to work at times and not work others
By GotHatch?
#320106 I had thought about that I am going to cut the old connector off my other harness and throw it in the glove box as well.