Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By Chance
#312002 My hood has popped up twice now. Not completely up where it'd smash my windshield... but just that first little bit. 2 days ago it happened on the freeway and now today I stopped to get some coffee and noticed it up again.

Not sure if my foot may be hitting the hood latch release... or if its malfunctioning. After shutting it completely I've gripped it and tried to pull it loose... but it stays snug.

Maybe just a fluke? :? I'll look more at the latch under the hood later. I just got to work and figured I'd post it up for suggestions and to maybe see if this is somewhat common?
By crazy-88
#312056 it's might not be catching the second latch properly. u might have to slide the latch up a bit.
By TrailerTrash
#312076 after you latch the hood, try pushing down on it again to try and get it to pop open. it may feel like its latching, but not actually be latching.
By fatcoupe
#312124 happened to me a few times...cleaned off and re-greased the hood latch and double checked to make sure that the release by my feet was all good. never happened again...
By teal_dx
#312126 Try putting some lube on the latch assembly, maybe it's sticking a little, keeping it from latching all the way. Your VP tells me you have a closet full of lube :love:
By Chance
#312128 After reviewing my foot placement when I'm getting out of my car and what not.. I'm 90% sure its my foot popping it. BUT i'm going to bust out some KY and lube that b*tch.

Thanks gaiz!