Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By MG6
#157725 The power steering tie rod boot is ripped. Can I just replace this or is there more parts that I need to replace?

I know I need to do a wheel alignment after it is done, but what else do I need to do? Thank you for replying.
By BLaCkSiLo
#157861 if the boot is just torn, you can go to NAPA and just get a new boot and replace it. if i remember right, you just have to take the tie-rod end off (this is why you need the alignment) and put the new one on...

while you have it off, check to make sure that the rack and pinon gear is all lubed up and everything should be fine. i had to replace my steering rack which was a pain in the ass!
By MG6
#157920 Thank you Blacksilo! Did you replace the whole rack and pinion? I plan to replace both dust boot since I am at it. Or just replace the one that is ripped?
By teal_dx
#157927 If the other one is dried out/cracking then i would replace it too.

Be sure to mark the thread position of the tie rod when removing it. That will help you get the alignment somewhat in the ballpark when it is back together. Still take it to a shop for a good alignment though.
By BLaCkSiLo
#157953 yeah, i actually replaced the entire steering rack which was a giant pain in the ass and i did the boots while it was out of the car ...

i would definetely look at the other side and make sure it is still in good condition and mark the location of the tie rod end and i think they come with zip ties to hold them on, but you can get some of those metal band clamps.

NAPA is the only place i have found that carries them or can at least order them
By MG6
#158032 Great. I will try out the local place to see if they carry them before going to Napa.