Topics that apply to all 92-95 civics
By SiGO
#60029 So I was doing some things with my car this morning and noticed a very shiney strut of some sort in the front left of the car. At a closer inspection I noticed that the rubber boot or cover for the steering rod has fallen apart.

Just wondering if this is going to cause me issues if not corrected?

Anyone know a good way to source these and how hard it is to replace?

Also noticed that my drivers side tyre is incredibly bald on the inside whereas the left hand side looks brand new? What would cause this?

Pictures...

RHS

LHS

Tyre
By asianrob
#60030 you can get new inner tie rods with covers

camber wear
By SiGO
#60032 Thanks

If it is completely stock what would be causing camber wear?

Is there some way I can adjust it even at stock?
By teal_dx
#60034 inner tire wear could also be toe-out. toe out will kill a set of tires by chewing up the insides a lot faster than negative camber will.

Listen to your front end when you hit bumps. if it makes a clunking sound then you could have a bad upper or lower ball joint, or tie rod end. Or your original bushings may be shot. Any of those could contribute to poor alignment which will eat up your tires. Definitely replace those torn boots though. Those protect your steering system which is never easy to replace.
By suspendedHatch
#60066 By the time you notice that those boots are torn, the joints inside are already contaminated. You need new inner and outer tie rods. If you have a manual rack you should also replace the rack-end bushing. Afterwards you will need an alignment but the alignment will be off if you get it with those tires. So get some new tires first. Doing all of this will improve steering feel considerably.

Also check your suspension bushings. If they are the original bushings, they are no doubt beat to all hell.
By Sire
#72383 You have to replace those boots as soon as possible, if you replace the boots you will stay inside of 2 figures, if you do not...over time you wil have to perform repairs well into 3 figures!
Those things arent there just for show... :thumb: