General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By teal_dx
Eg-life wrote:So would all the sizes be the same for all the bolts and stuff And u ordered off of a website?

My aftermarket fuel rail used a weird size that was not the same as a stock fuel rail. So your stock fuel rail will use a different size. I lived 20 mins from Summit Racing when I was building that setup, so I just went there with the fuel rail and they measured it and told me what size I needed and ordered it for me. They were helpful. -AN fittings are kind of confusing if you haven't used them much before. It's a good idea to get them from a shop or retailer who can help you out.

Eg-life wrote:Also what precaution do I have to take before starting this project ? Bcuz I feel like if I go to lossen the line fuel is going to spray every where.
When you loosen the banjo bolt on the fuel rail, it will spray a tiny bit because there's a little bit of pressure in the line. Just put a rag around the firing when you loosen the banjo bolt.

Eg-life wrote:Is that a evap u have in the back left corner of ur engine, or vaccum canister however u call it. I just have never seen it set up like that. I also need to set that up in my car seeing tha I don't have one

That's a catch can used in turbo setups. It's to help separate oil from crankcase fumes. You won't need it for a stock engine. :thumb:
By Eg-life
#346783 So could I go to advanced auto to get everything ? Or would I have to go to a certain shop?
By Eg-life
#346841 I can't seem to find where to get an bolts
By Eg-life
#346853 Ok and as far as the sizes will they be the same that u had listed or would I have to figure that out? If i do have to figure it out how would I do that? Also is a charcoal canister the same thing as an evap?
By teal_dx
#346857 You're using OEM fuel rail so your fitting on the fuel rail will be different since mine was aftermarket.
If you're unable to find the oem fuel rail fitting size online and you want to be sure, I'd take your fuel rail into a shop that sells the fittings and have them measure it.
What do you mean by evap? There's an evap purge valve sensor :? It's just an emissions related sensor, much smaller than the entire charcoal canister.
By Eg-life
#346858 By evap I was referring to the vaccum canister , is that the same as a charcoal canister , only reason I ask is bcuz on my hood the little sticker that has the vaccum line diagram calls it evap.