General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Loaf31
#346329 So I'm looking at getting a cold air intake that has 2.75" piping and a K&N filter. I was wondering if I put a water bypass valve on it, will it actually work? Do these filters actually help?
By Snaiper1990
#346341 Get a straw and put it in a glass of water. Suck the water up the straw and what happens? Get that same straw and punch 6 holes in the center around the straw. Suck on the straw and what happens? That is the purpose of the bypass.

Now the speculation behind the bypass is the intake system has to be fully submerged for it to work efficiently. Get your aftermarket straw and hold it sideways nearly touching the top of the water and suck real hard. You will notice water gets to your mouth, and so your engine. Nothing more than a pressure differential.

Bypass valves are very expensive parts for people that don't understand principles of pressure and vacuum. Don't waste your money on it, but stay out of deep puddles.
By Loaf31
#346357 So those $20 ones off eBay wouldn't help at all in the event that a little bit of water got into the tube?