General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jedrick
#345210 I wanna talk with a few people about engines swap, thinking of doing one and want to hear some opinions, not gonna be a track car or street racing just a daily witch a kick, I like that feeling of a really fast takeoff my engine ATM is a d15b7 so what do u guys think I should do to get what I'm looking for, someone said gsr something one time but I can't find the post
By jedrick
#345213 I'm hoping to stay under 3k for just the engine and honestly idk how much power anything better than my stock engine lol
By TrailerTrash
#345214 well if you stay D series you wont have to buy another tranny, set of mounts, ect.

if you go any other series youll have to buy pretty much everything.
By jedrick
#345215 What do u guys have?
By bietelboer
#345217 A b16 or a b18 is a nice swap and fits wel in budget.
Last edited by bietelboer on Thu May 01, 2014 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
By bietelboer
#345218 I have a GSR engine swap, and i love it!

Engine
Transmission
rear mount
shifters
OBD1 alternator
ignition connectors need to be changed(i put in a OBD1 wire harnas)
i already had a sohc vtec wire harnas dash and motor so i only needed the IAB wire and a retune of my ECU.

If you have PS, you need a 92/95 EG B16 ps pump. :lol:
By jedrick
#345220 Does the b18 require a tranny swap? And someone told me that a gsr would be good for what I wanted ,what exactly is a gsr?
By bietelboer
#345221 Yes you need a different tranny.

A GSR swap is a B18c1 with 170bhp.
By CopyLifted
#345239 A GSR swap is fairly easy to do and would suit you well I'm sure. Maybe a h22a swap down the road.

I swapped a b18b1 into my '95 coupe. I originally wanted a b18c1 (GSR motor), but I picked up a wrecked '94 Integra with 98,000 original miles for $300, so that's what I did. With a b18b1 you will be impressed at the power over the d15b7. For a little while. Then you'll want more. Quickly.

Recently I acquired a '98 coupe with a b18c1 swap and, although i haven't driven it much, I love it! I picked it up for $1500. i originally bought it just for the GSR swap for my '95 coupe, but have decided to keep it as is and do a h22a or k series swap in the '95 down the road.

For 3k you should be able to get everything you need to do a GSR swap. Unless of course you get the swap from say, hmotorsonline. If you could find a wrecked GSR with a good motor and tranny, that would be the way to go as you'll have everything you need right there.
By gaige23
#345248 I have a H22A4 swap and I love it. Definitely a little more in depth than a B swap though.

My brother has a GSR in his CRX and it's quick too. Hard to go wrong either way.

I'm not a B16 fan though, tbh.
By TrailerTrash
#345251 I have a d15b7 in my sedan and a JDM d15b in my coupe. both with DX transmissions. its a hell of a difference between the 2. its not like holy crap snap your neck fast but the sohc vtec is alot more fun than a b7. i had an EX tranny with it at one point and that was even better