what motor swap?

15%
30%
10%
20%
20%
5%
By Axix23
#344453 What motor swap should I go with? It's going into an eg sedan DX. I will be did and also occasion mtn runs and road courses. I plan on keeping it Na. Whp target range would be around 140-160whp.

But if I find a deal on a jrsc, I just may get one. Lol

And any good sites to order my swap from?
I would really like to spend under $4k if possible. Prefer around $2500-$3k range.

I know itr/b16b is prolly pushing the price limit.
By brandoff88
#344463 hmotorsonline.com they got great motors and good prices.id personally keep your d and turbo it, with 3000 bucks you could get and piece together a small turbo kit (maybe 5-7psi) and get arp head studs and a great tune. but for n/a best bang is a b18c or b16a/b with mild bolt ons..should be able to get a b16 motor/full swap for like 2800 or around there with shipping, gsr or type r ehh probably about 1000 more
By Axix23
#344484 thanks man! Will do! I really don't want to turbo it as my other Honda is already turbo. The eg8 is a dd bc of that. LOL
By TrailerTrash
#344486 Forget an old Jackson Racing setup. they are hard to find and a complete kit could cost you over half the price of one of these kits. keep the JDM D15B and get one of these bad boys

http://store.kraftwerksusa.com/supercha ... eries.html
By Axix23
TrailerTrash wrote:Forget an old Jackson Racing setup. they are hard to find and a complete kit could cost you over half the price of one of these kits. keep the JDM D15B and get one of these bad boys

http://store.kraftwerksusa.com/supercha ... eries.html

the thought has crossed my mind but with a complete stock non vtec jdm d15b, just how much whp will i squeeze out of it? LOL I couldn't find one person with this setup anywhere.

But I agree on the jrsc.
By juls1488
#344521 i voted for the jrsc, buts that because im biased lol.
finding one is tough though. i lucked out.

seriously though, i rarely see a b16b in egs, especially the sedans.
its like a b16a, that already has half the valvetrain upgrades done for you, plus a pnp.

as far as sites to order from go, hmotors is probably the best. i've used tigerjapanese out of canada, but i got lucky. alot of the feedback they get is really bad.
By Axix23
#346629 thanks guys!! I ended up not doing any of the choices. hahaha :lol:
By Axix23
#346808 will debut at IA in KY in a few weeks.. :thumb:
By chnzgoofball
#349822 B18c5
By Axix23
chnzgoofball wrote:B18c5

naw, went with something else. :) :thumb:
By TrailerTrash
#350299 tell us :x
By TrailerTrash
#350303 i figured he was talkin about a different car :?