General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By enanoeg92
#344221 Wats up guys I have a little problem I was in a car accident luckily I had an extra shell now the problem is that when I put everything on to this new car the RPM's don't work and the brake lights don't work wat could it be any suggestions
By enanoeg92
#344237 Details like what I've tired checking all the grounds and nothing still not doing anything
By Leppy
enanoeg92 wrote:Details like what I've tired checking all the grounds and nothing still not doing anything

What engine? OBDI or II? What do you mean the RPM's dont work, do you mean the tachometer isn't reading RPMs or the car isn't revving at all?

Was a wire-tuck done? Is the check engine light on?

Do the brakes work, but not the lights? Do your regular lights come on?
By enanoeg92
#344240 It's a D16y8 OBD1 the rpms don't read on tachometer the speedometer world but not rpms no wire tuck and no check engine light regular lights work
By Leppy
enanoeg92 wrote:It's a D16y8 OBD1 the rpms don't read on tachometer the speedometer world but not rpms no wire tuck and no check engine light regular lights work

The tachometer signal is provided with the blue wire coming off of the distributor. Trace that back and make sure it's all plugged in. Sometimes it wont read if the wire isn't seated right in the distributor housing too.

For the brake lights, if I remember right it's the green wire with a black stripe. Take a test light or multimeter and check to make sure you're getting voltage through that wire all the way to the tail light connector when you press the brake pedal. It should be no voltage until you press the pedal down.
By enanoeg92
#344245 I was told it's the green wire with the white stripe black dots
By Leppy
enanoeg92 wrote:I was told it's the green wire with the white stripe black dots

It may be. Follow the wire that goes to your third brake light, that'll help ID it.
By enanoeg92
#344248 That blue wire where would I find it
By Leppy
enanoeg92 wrote:That blue wire where would I find it

The blue wire coming off of the smaller plug on your dizzy. Make sure that plug is connected.

I had an issue once where RPM's wouldn't read right. Turns out the spade terminals inside the dizzy pictured below were loose.

By enanoeg92
#344250 Is there a way I could post pics on here
By Leppy
enanoeg92 wrote:Is there a way I could post pics on here

You could link from flickr, photobucket, even facebook if you right click, copy image URL and paste it here after you upload it to your gallery and set it to public
By enanoeg92
#344255 Nope it's not letting me but the blue wire in the back right the one right next to the black on do u have a Facebook?? Leppy[/url]
By Leppy
enanoeg92 wrote:Nope it's not letting me but the blue wire in the back right the one right next to the black on do u have a Facebook?? Leppy

Yeah, It's a blue and black wire together in their own plug. That's your tachometer signal wires. Black is ground and blue is the signal the tachometer feeds off of.