General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jdmdx93
#305178 Ive had way too many problems with my eg suspension, the whole time Ive had it the engine mounts were messed up. Basically been replacing my front end tires every 2 months, I can only buy used. any input would help
By lilEGkidd
#305180 before you change you mount you should check your rack and pinion that most likely be your problem
By jdmdx93
#305184 okay, what are the symptoms to a messed up rack and pinion. somebody told me it was prob. bent. They said that because no matter what (tie rods, inner tie rods, cv joints) i always get horrible toe-in. and my allignment goes out so quick, my steerings always stiff and it does 1 quarter turn to the right and 2 quarter turns to the left.
By lilEGkidd
#305185 see i got the same problem like you but it because im camber. i think it has something to do with the teeth from your steering column which connect to your rack and pinion causing your alignment to mess up which is making your tires to eat fast and as of being low will afect it to
By jdmdx93
#305223 the suspension has never been lowered, but the car has 235k on it, also when i bought it my "buddy" had beat the hell out of it
By teal_dx
#305226 Chances are that the suspension has a lot of slop/play from worn parts. Rubber bushings rot out over time, especially in salt states. Ball joints & tie rods get play as they wear out. It sounds like the car was ran hard, possibly into a curb or 2 if it turns more in one direction than the other. Parts could be bent.
By TrailerTrash
#305284 take it to a reputable shop and have an alignment done and have them check EVERYTHING out and see what the heck is up