General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By Snoop
#259317 Please share your experience and give me advices how should I do that! I know that I must heat the connecting rods upper end, but don't know till what tempreture.
By That One Dude
#259374 You mean installing or removing the piston pin? Are you using OEM parts or aftermarket parts? What engine?
By Snoop
That One Dude wrote:You mean installing or removing the piston pin? Are you using OEM parts or aftermarket parts? What engine?

Installing
OEM
D16Z6
:wink:
By That One Dude
#259421 I don't know for certain on OEM parts, but if you have a Helm's manual, that will tell you everything you need to know. You can order a hard copy from the Helm's website or you can download one from a number of other websites.
By Snoop
#259539 There is written that for pin instalation I have to use hydraulic press and no heat. That why in many video's connecting rod is haeted? I understand that hot connecting rods hole is wider and its earier to push the pin through. What is the difference betwene these two methods?
By teal_dx
#259550 Probably just different specs for different manufacturers. In my Toyota service manual, it says to heat but honda is just pressed in.

When the honda engineers say to do it a certain way, I just do it their way because they're probably some of the smartest people in the world :thumb: