General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By jrhdominos
#206878 Finally picked up my h23 from my friends house....and I just started tearing the motor down today...Ive got the cams out, the intake mani off, headers, etc. Im working on taking the head off, but the crank pulley got turned while the timing belt was off, am I in deep shit????
By jrhdominos
#206956 thanks teal, I actually might be looking at an h22 head my buddy is letting it go for dirt cheap, everything looks good so why not, at least while I got the motor apart. Im thinking of just moving the redline up to 6800 on the h23, and set my vtec at around 3800, that way Im not exceeding the rev capabilities of the h23, of course the h22 head can go much higher, but isnt that where most people mess up one the vtec head swap??? Im thinking that Ill be good as long as I dont try to rev high.
By suspendedHatch
#207264 High revs are as much dependent on the block as the head.
By jrhdominos
#207387 That makes sense..well what would be a good way to prepare the block for higher revs??? Im not looking for an all motor monster, but to maybe raise the compression a bit, and have a fun, reliable hybrid. Im not a track junkie... I give my car hell every now and then, mainly on the open road. I would enjoy having loads more torque for the daily drive also.