General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By ThisEarl
#201699 I was thinking of putting a stock 2006 Si muffler on my hatch.....

Opinions?

By any chance is it a direct swap kinda thing or do I need to get it done by someone who can weld?
Last edited by ThisEarl on Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Punksz6
#201720 Hi,its not a direct bolt on and will have to be welded on...I have a 2006 RSX Type S on my coupe and I needed it to be welded on.They did a pretty good job at the Muffler Shop I took it to..It also depends on how long it is? I think the tip will stick out just a bit, but thats alright. Also the 2006 Civic Si muffler sound pretty nice. How much you getting it for? :)

I got mine because I was tried of being pulled over by the Cops and I like the style of the 2006 Type S muffler..
By EJ1STYLEN
#201771 When u get a chance can u post a vid of it i wanna hear the sound....and looks of the muffler.
By chrono404
#201792 I bought a hatch that had a fart cannon when I got it. I had a Muffler shop make a peice that I could put in place of the fart cannon that had a turbo muffler and sold the fart cannon for $75 bucks on craigslist.

Turbo Mufflers have a nice deep tone to them, They are a little louder them oem, however quite enough that at freeway speeds (3.75k @ 70) you can easily talk to the person next to you.

They are also cheap, a local autopart store sells them for $50 bucks. If your good at welding, you can put one in place of your fart cannon, If not a muffler shop can weld it on for you, Normally it will be cheap.

My Delsol with Turbo Muffler tucked behind the bumper:
By ThisEarl
#201837 I'm getting it for $60.00 and I found someone on Craigslist to weld it all up for $60. Not bad overall, I just wanted something better than my stock 15 year old muffler.

Also, I have to keep the car quite, in Williamsburg, VA, they will pull you over for anything unless you appear to be wealthy. Such as yellow fog lights or white led replacement bulbs for the licence plate - (She thought they were blue...) I almost forgot, a "tinted" licence plate cover is also a good enough reason after they follow behind you for 3 miles...

ps. I'm not a cynic lol
By ThisEarl
#202198 I just picked it up and will have it in by next weekend with pictures <3
By ThisEarl
#203665 Not too shabby...

Had to have the inlet pipe cut down about 6 inches and the hanging hooks basically were just turned around.
By Ajax1989
#203670 how does it sound??

you should make a video to share :thumb:
By Eg6H2D
#203916 I like the look. secy stockness! damn wish i woulda thought of it!!!
By newbie101
#204330 yeah dude that would be kinda cool to see what it sounds like
By EJ1STYLEN
#204384 post a video!!!