General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By i8umup
#179627 ok so tonight was realy the first night that i took the hatch out and realy got on it with the new h swap in. heres the problem i found. if im in 1st gear at a stop and go to take off the engine hesitates. almost like it doesnt want to accept the fuel. it will also do this in other gears if i step on it at a semi low rpm. it sputters and then catches eventualy. also vtec doesnt even seem as though its there. in the old h engine that i had when i pulled into vtec it would hollar and could feel the preveribal power. now like i said its as im just tackin it out. i do have a cel im gona pull the codes in the am. what would cause this? would the cel cause my vtec not to come on and also be the culprut of the sputter and fuel issue?
By teal_dx
#179628 checking the code should tell you the problem. let us know tomorrow and we'll go from there. guessing a problem without checking the code first is like shooting a gun blindfolded. :thumb:
By 99cx
#179634 that sounds similar to the issue i had with my mini me swap.
when i punched it at a low rpm it would sputter or "lag" until the RPM caught up. i thought it was a fuel thing aswell. turns out i just needed to replace the cap and rotor!
so check that out i guess?
By i8umup
#179675 ok so i went out this morning and pulled the cel codes. i have 3 of them. 1st is my map sensor, 2nd is the electrical load detector what ever that is, and 3rd is the primary oxygen sensor heater. this is what i dont quite understand i have my map sensor hooked up, is there a way to test this . also is the primary oxy sensor the one on the header? i have a oxy sensor behind my engine but not on my header cause it has no bunge for it. should i take the whip from the fron and hook it to the rear oxy sensor ?
By i8umup
#180033 i want to say thanks first off. if you actualy take the time to look in the site there is alot of answers here. i am missing the inside fuse box cover so i found a sticky on here and went out to my car. the dude that owned it before me had fuses missing in a couple spots mainly in position #23 which is the electric load detector thingy. i jumped out the cel connector turn the car on, the light comes on and then goes right back out. so i suppose that the 15 amp fuse was the culpurt with my map sensor and my o2 sensor code. i havent took it out for a ride yet cause my car is loud and its late so tomorrow ill do that and see if i get any reaccuring cel's to come up.
By i8umup
#180362 so i drove the car last night. after about 30 seconds out the driveway the cel came back. i turn around and pull back in the shop. pull the codes. i got rid of the ELD. but still had the MAP sensor and the PRIMARY O2 SENSOR HEATOR FAIL. after fuckin with a couple plugs i found that i had the map sensor hooked up wrong. now im down to only one code being the o2 heater fail. but i also have a open plug under the hood. does anyone know what this plug goes to? i have every thing hooked up and cant find a home for this one. ive looked at a couple wire diagrams and cant find it either. so i need some help here. its one of the round 3 wire plugs. colors are YELLOW/RED, GREEN/WHITE, WHITE. someone please help me find where this plug goes. its a d16z6 harness
By Apexracing
#180403 wheres the plug located bro.
By i8umup
#180461 its kinda at twards the top of my manifold but behind the manifold. sits near the tps.
By i8umup
#180542 i have another question. i only have one o2 sensor! the o2 sensor i have sits behind my engine, from what ive read its not even as important as the one in the header that i dont have. heres the thing the d16 harness i only see one o2 sensor plug which i have hooked up so wheres the other plug at? im lost and in need of assistance here just would like to get my shit to idle right and take its fuel with out me smellin it. im lost so anyone with some advise on what to do please chime in.
By Apexracing
#180544 which year d16 is it bro? 1996 and newer is obd2 and has two sensors one before the cat and one after, pre 1996 has only one and it should be located right on the header.
By i8umup
#180546 then that solves that. the harness i used for the h22 was a 94 d16z6 harness. so it does only have one sensor. odds are then if i just replace my sensor mabe this isssue will disapear?
By Apexracing
#180548 well yes and no what ecu are you using? if it requires two sensors then you need two.
By i8umup
#180549 ive got a prelude ecu i think its a POF-004
By Apexracing
#180551 not good with ecu's bro not h series any ways. what year prelude
By i8umup
#180552 its a 94 im pertty sure