General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By mregcivic
#178083 can someone please help, i changed the head gasket and now i have a leak underneath the distributer cap im leaking oil and engine coolant from the same spot i checked the oil dip stick to check for white bubbles for water or coolant inside the oil but their wasnt any sign of it. i checkd the exhaust pipe for a leak to see if i blew a piston but nothin i have a lil bit of white smoke, my engine idles up and down constantly and i checkd for any other oil leaks around the head gasket and their was no sign its only coming from underneath the distributer.

please help me out give me some advice i got school about 45 min away and its my only way to get their. thanks
By teal_dx
#178091 simple things first....
engine idle bouncing = low coolant or air bubbles in the coolant system.. Or vacuum leak, see if you left a vac line unhooked or if a line is cracked.

You'll need to pin point exactly where the leak is from. If it is from where the dissy goes into the head, it's as simple as replacing an O-ring for a couple bucks.
From reading your situation, I bet it is not that simple...
If it's below the dizzy where the head beets the block, you've probably got a head hasket that didn't seal or a warped head.