General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By ikon
#175694 my supercharger has a stage 1 boost upgrade which makes me doubt the lifespan of my rods due to previous failure( snapped stock rod on old motor). i wnt to go aftermarket but dont know what to look for( size etc.). i figured id turn to my eg brethren for advice. jdm motor is a d15b vtec, stock.

ps.- jackson racing doesnt recommend changing stroke cuz u will loose hp so i need same size just stronger.
By chrono404
#175695 Get Shot Peoned LS Rods.

they are 137mm rods just like d16z6 and jdm d15b rods.

Then you can use your oem pistons, From what I have read on aftermarket rods you cant use stock pistons.
By ikon
#175783 i didnt want to take them to a shop to get grinded down but now that i consider it seems like a good idea. so there is no brand that has oem length that fits my stock pistons and is a lot stronger.
By {ikon}EM1
#175786 ikon please get eagle rods... while ur at it get aftermarket pistons...
By ikon
#175805 NIGGA FOR THE LAST TIME IM..... KEEPIN.... MEH...... PISTONS :P
By ikon
#175850 i guess my question is can they be ordered so i can just swap them in without upgrading anything else.
By d-mon
#175887 the d16 rods in a d15b vtec will EASILY stand up to as much power as you will make with a Jackson Superchager. > 200hp
pre-detonation will be you biggest concern, so get it tuned.
By JUICE
d-mon wrote:the d16 rods in a d15b vtec will EASILY stand up to as much power as you will make with a Jackson Superchager. > 200hp
pre-detonation will be you biggest concern, so get it tuned.

thye're the same rods in both motors right? why would he swap in D16 rods??
By d-mon

they come that way from the factory.
By JUICE
d-mon wrote:

they come that way from the factory.

guess that means they're the same...

you confused me with "D16 rods IN A D15B Vtec", like the they were different..
By d-mon
#175896 the d15b vtec is a mutant.
it has a d15 block with mostly d16z6 parts. the secret is the unique crank and pistons that allow the whole combination to work.
other d15's have the weak d15 rods.
By ikon
#176010 th rods are gonna be the first thing to go so i wanna replace them. ill have a good tune i just wanna be sure.
By {ikon}EM1
teal_dx wrote:Eagles are the popular choice for affordable forged.
If you're going that far then you may as well do forged pistons as well. Or at least Vitaras

^^^like the fourm god said... eagles r the way to go buddy :thumb:
By Baby Carlos
#176048 Why would he leave the stock rods if D15b rods = D16z6 rods, and he snapped a rod in his stock D16z6, just get new motherfuckin pistons and eagle rods