General engine questions/issues that aren't specific to the other categories
By exshankerz
#160123 hey there , well i am fairly new to my liking of cars hence can drive now :) i have had my 1993 breeze hatch back for one year now and i just want more POWER.. lol it seems that the Civic Breeze is not that common it might just be an aus thing so i have done alot of research about this model and i cant find alot tbh so why not turn to you guys!! , So i would like some insight about my car. I want to put a Vtec motor in it and i do not no where to start :? like what vtec motors fit and what i would have to do to make it aha what is the best Vtec Motor out there what will not blow a hole in my pocket but wll still blow away other cars?

also here in Aus since i am on my Ps first 4 years we can not have to powerfull cars the limit is 130KW in my state but that will still go <3 small cars cheers guys any feedback about my car and the tips and where to go from hear would be great!!!!
By teal_dx
#160133 what motor does your car have in it right now?
We don't have the Breeze model in the US, so I'm not too familiar with it.

I'd guess it may be a D15b*something* but there's different versions.
We have the d15b7 and d15b8 here. If you have a D series engine, then it will be easy to swap in a D16z6 or JDM D15b engine. axles, mounts transmissions will all be the same. You will only need the engine, ecu, and engine harness. It's all plug & Play.
If you want to go with a B series DOHC motor, then I'd start researching that swap because it is more involved (axles, mounts, etc)
By exshankerz
#160189 i think i have d13c? i woudlnt be to sure man 55kw preety slow
also yeah the breeze is a eg3? in the u.s i think?
so yeah thats the thing i would buy a motor and then go ah have to spend 1000$ on other shit haha im likng the sound of D16z6 i was interested in the D15b but it seems to me that it is a preety old motor and mabey the newer motors might have more power oh and if the engine is olderthen my car i will need to get a engineers report and that costs a fair bit ,
going with the B series DOHC sounds good but might be a much around ? for my dad and ito install haha thx for your sugestions :)
By Dippin_EG
#160190 a complete b16 swap from hmotorsonline.com will run around $2500, whereas a d15b or d16z6 long block ( cause you wont need axels, linkage, mounts,tranny, etc.) would be around $800. And they are peppy little motors as well. I had a couple D16z6's and they'll give you your speed fix, seeing as you have a 1.3l. If i was in your shoes i would go with a D16z6 or JDM d15b personally. 8)
By exshankerz
#160199 yeah both of the engines you said look preety good man there seems to be alot of talk on what beats what hahah i might go with the JDM d15b vtec ive hear alot about 3 stage? what is that diffrent revs more power in gears? also with the d15b what is the best ecu? and also do u no of anysites what ship to Aus? cheers
By marklopez
#184113 you should come to canberra, here we can drive v8's and turbos on ur P's :)