Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By 1926vtec
#41415 Can anyone help me out.Here in SA we used different chassis codes to the rest of the world.What is the Honda chassis code for a '95 Civic sedan? :thumb:
By 1926vtec
teal_dx wrote:http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2536

there's a thread that tells you how to de-code your vin :thumb:

Thanks alot man! :hehe:
By 1926vtec
#42103 Tried this but unfortunately it seems we ran totally different VIN numbers in SA.Doesnt correspond with any of the numbers or codes :(
By Gorveatt
1926vtec wrote:Tried this but unfortunately it seems we ran totally different VIN numbers in SA.Doesnt correspond with any of the numbers or codes :(

what is the first 6 digits in your vin? the second three of the first 6 should be the chassis code
By 1926vtec
#42293 here's my VIN number: DE25413E138972
By Gorveatt
#42315 Image

you sure that's right? that's the one printed on the dash by the edge of the window, and on the firewall in the engine bay?
By 1926vtec
Gorveatt wrote:Image

you sure that's right? that's the one printed on the dash by the edge of the window, and on the firewall in the engine bay?

Yup,thats the one!I dont know WTF is going on and the car was never stolen.My previous EG had a similar VIN!

Hahahahaha!!!

Its a four door with leather interior,electric windows all round,AC,Power steering,no airbag and wait for it....B18B3 motor as standard!!!

Us guys in SA got something completely different!
By asianrob
Gorveatt wrote:Image

that is right he has SERIAL instead of VINS (if you look at his thing it says he is from Africa) if you have a plate in your engine bay (i think its blue tag it should tell you) or if you post pics that would be help ful too

Plate i'm talking about looks like this

thats assuming you have one of these more than likely you'll either have an EG8 or EG9 pending on your engine
By 1926vtec
#42407 I will take some pics and post them later.I know our model derrivitive is known as an SR4 if that means anything to anyone?

Its a B18B3 motor which is what you guys got in the Integra LS.
By asianrob
1926vtec wrote:I will take some pics and post them later.I know our model derrivitive is known as an SR4 if that means anything to anyone?

is that the original motor?...... yea we get the B18A1/B18B1 the B18B3 is the same thing just different country
By 1926vtec
DC4rob wrote:
1926vtec wrote:I will take some pics and post them later.I know our model derrivitive is known as an SR4 if that means anything to anyone?

is that the original motor?...... yea we get the B18A1/B18B1 the B18B3 is the same thing just different country

Yes,thats the original motor the car was released in!We didnt get the Integra's here so they gace us the Civic(called the Ballade here) in an 180i version.B18B3(92-59) and then the B18B4(96-00)!

Is there a way to decode the serial numbers? :wink:
By asianrob
1926vtec wrote:
DC4rob wrote:

Yes,thats the original motor the car was released in!We didnt get the Integra's here so they gace us the Civic(called the Ballade here) in an 180i version.B18B3(92-59) and then the B18B4(96-00)!

Is there a way to decode the serial numbers? :wink:

i dont know if you can decode serial numbers that i know of so you all got Ballade sports civic? i'mma have to do some research
By asianrob
#42519 ok i think i figure out something

so far i found a couple of trims

the civic 1.6 Dohc Vtec (equal to the EK4 SIR ferio/ civic EG9 ferio)
(all these have the EK4 Sir wheels unless changed)

the Civic Luxline 1800cc DOHC nonvtec could be equal to a Civic LX (ex power windows, power locks, ac, power steering) (similar to our EG8 but wit the obvious different engine)

if there is a another trim

i would assume 1.5 or 1.6 non vtec Single cam etc..

thats all i could figure out...

but the serial code call these Ballades SR4's pending on the body code right?
By 1926vtec
DC4rob wrote:ok i think i figure out something

so far i found a couple of trims

the civic 1.6 Dohc Vtec (equal to the EK4 SIR ferio/ civic EG9 ferio)
(all these have the EK4 Sir wheels unless changed)

the Civic Luxline 1800cc DOHC nonvtec could be equal to a Civic LX (ex power windows, power locks, ac, power steering) (similar to our EG8 but wit the obvious different engine)

if there is a another trim

i would assume 1.5 or 1.6 non vtec Single cam etc..

thats all i could figure out...

but the serial code call these Ballades SR4's pending on the body code right?

Ja thats about right.We got the Ballade's from 92-95 in three different trims.Luxline,Spreeline and Encore.Luxline being the model with all the extras included.

Then there were 5 different engine variants.

150 - D15(SOHC non-vtec carburated)
160i - D16(SOHC non-vtec PGM-FI)
160E - D16(DOHC non-vtec PGM-FI)
180i - B18B3(Dohc non-vtec PGM-FI)
180E - B18B3(DOHC non-vtec PGM-FI)

all the models except the 160E and 180E were available in either Encore,Spreeline or Luxline.

180E/160E were fully equipped with everything except airbags and they also had ABS.They also had alloy wheels as standard where all the others had steels with hubcaps.I will post some pics of what the wheels looked like.