Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By xwhitchx
teal_dx wrote:Did it randomly start doing both of these at once? Is the car stock? Did he recently work on it, maybe some wiring? More info is better :thumb:
its my old civic. I have a d15b vtec engine in it running off a p28 ecu. I just randomly started doing it after looking at the heater valve to see why it was stuck. Also he had someone install a push button start into the car cuz it was not getting any power to the starter. I when under the dash for him and unplugged the clutch sensor and jumped it st see if that fixed the starting problem. But I put the car back to the way it was with its push button start because I dint have any wiring tools to just bypass the sensor. So I left the plug for that unplugged so later I can get to it. After this when the key is all the way up right before you start it the fuel pump with prime and keep priming then after about 20-30sec the cel code will pop up. If you just turn the car on with out waiting there is no cel. So I checked the plugs to the dizzy and unplugged them and replughed them in. And it still is going this.
By xwhitchx
teal_dx wrote:The push button start is causing the fuel pump problem; something was not wired correctly. I'd put it back to stock and fix it the way it should be.
I will let him know. I would not have put that in if it was still my car. We will see what happens.