Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Hopscotchkid
#305527 So I'm supposed to be getting a 1995 milano red EX Sedan tomorrow. I have no intentions of doing any kind of intense build on the car. I'm just going to lower it, put it on decent wheels, and maybe get a full stainless exhaust setup. What intake/exhaust setups could I get for the car that would offer mild performance gains? Largely I'm just shooting for the extra fuel economy on a car that can breathe well. Also, I found an Eibach suspension kit that I am probably going to buy, that lowers the car 1.8" approximately. Would I have any rubbing issues were I to lower it that much and put it on 17x7s?

Edit: Also, I'm new to the whole Honda scene. I really dig the rear window visors I'm seeing, and I like the body hugger spoilers I'm seeing on some of these 4 doors, Who makes these? any help would be appreciated.
By teal_dx
Hopscotchkid wrote:So I'm supposed to be getting a 1995 milano red EX Sedan tomorrow. I have no intentions of doing any kind of intense build on the car. I'm just going to lower it, put it on decent wheels, and maybe get a full stainless exhaust setup. What intake/exhaust setups could I get for the car that would offer mild performance gains? Largely I'm just shooting for the extra fuel economy on a car that can breathe well. Also, I found an Eibach suspension kit that I am probably going to buy, that lowers the car 1.8" approximately. Would I have any rubbing issues were I to lower it that much and put it on 17x7s?

Edit: Also, I'm new to the whole Honda scene. I really dig the rear window visors I'm seeing, and I like the body hugger spoilers I'm seeing on some of these 4 doors, Who makes these? any help would be appreciated.
I would get a cold air intake if you're looking for better performance. AEM and name brand is good but pricey. An ebay CAI kit is okay but replace the cheap filter with an authentic K&N. You'll save some $$ vs buying the AEM kit.

Stay away from cheap ebay exhausts - they will sound horrible.
Here's a thread to read: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=24160

1.8" isn't too low so you should be alright. 17" is a little big for our cars but if you go with a 205/40R17 tire and an offset no lower than +40mm, you should be alright.

Unless you buy expensive lightweight wheels, 17's will be heavy. Our torqueless motors have an easier time accelerating with 15" or even 16" wheels. You'll see a slight decrease in acceleration and mpg with large dia. heavy wheels.

The spoilers you're talking about are probably the JDM Ferio spoilers. They're 200-300 bucks and nobody makes a legit replica that I have seen.

By Hopscotchkid
#305548 [/quote]I would get a cold air intake if you're looking for better performance. AEM and name brand is good but pricey. An ebay CAI kit is okay but replace the cheap filter with an authentic K&N. You'll save some $$ vs buying the AEM kit.

Stay away from cheap ebay exhausts - they will sound horrible.
Here's a thread to read: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=24160

1.8" isn't too low so you should be alright. 17" is a little big for our cars but if you go with a 205/40R17 tire and an offset no lower than +40mm, you should be alright.

Unless you buy expensive lightweight wheels, 17's will be heavy. Our torqueless motors have an easier time accelerating with 15" or even 16" wheels. You'll see a slight decrease in acceleration and mpg with large dia. heavy wheels.

The spoilers you're talking about are probably the JDM Ferio spoilers. They're 200-300 bucks and nobody makes a legit replica that I have seen.

Image[/quote]

Thanks, and yes, I'm aware that I'm looking for a CAI, I just am not specifically aware as to which ones to get, I don't want anything ridiculous, just something less restrictive than stock. Same with the exhaust. As for the wheels, I see what you mean, but I think 15"s look silly, and tires are cheaper for 17"s than they are for 16"s through my tire guy. I wasn't planning on getting insanely expensive wheels, but I'm not too concerned with going fast, I'm just looking for an attractive fuel economy package. Having researched it a little more, Yes, I'm talking about the JDM Ferio spoilers, would it be easier to buy an entire decklid that already has one, or just buy the spoiler and attach it myself, I'm fairly mechanically handy. Also, I was referring to the JDM rear window visors, I'll start posting photos if all goes as planned, after I get the car.
By fatcoupe
#305561 i prefer 15 and 16s but to each his own. but you will feel a huge huge difference in power and mpg...and thats the reason that were i live 17s are cheaper in the 4x100 bolt pattern, because no one wants them because of these cons. and dont forget to post some pics when you get it! :thumb:
By teal_dx
#305564 It would probably be easier to just get the spoiler. I see them pop up in used classified ads once in a while. If you buy from an jdm importer, you'll pay big bucks.

It's by far the best looking spoiler for sedans though - worth it IMO. :thumb:
By familyEGuy23
#305567 The ferio spoiler is awesome I've been on the search for the past year really expensive though and I think 17 would rub at that drop. Post pics when you get it :thumb:
By FG2_Andrew
#305568 16" wheels look best with springs IMO and you avoid rubbing. 17s look awesome on slammed cars with coilovers, camber kits, and body modification.