Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By breez
#164891 my radiator cap leaks and i replaced it and have been seeing pieces of stuff in there and it still over heats.My bottom hose doesnt get as hot as my top either.My :? cap smells like oil does this mean i need to change the headgasket?
By itCouldgeTwoRse
#164897 did you ever use radiator stop leak?

if you did or someone has in the past it may be clogged in there still.

id start with a radiator flush and thermostat (at least check it it may be clogged with the chunks)

id start there if you dont have the means to change the head gasket yourself.
By breez
#164904 ok what else do u think i can do as well :eh:
By ikon
#164939 the top one will be hotter cuz thats where the hot coolant enters from the motor. im not sure y ur cap would smell like oil. is there oil in the coolant?
By asianrob
#164984 what colour is your oil?

you can take out your radiator and get a water hose and spray it through the top untill the water coming is clear.

is your car overheating?
By breez
#165051 yea it keeps overheating and it will be fine for a little while and overheat still it seems like i might need a radiator :? .. its also been having starting issues or could that be from being too hot .
By breez
#165094 should i just run it without the thermostat?
By asianrob
#165160 try a new thermostat and see where that goes that can be had for under 10 bucks.
By breez
#165198 as far as radiator setup should i just get a stock one or go with the two sided aluminum radiator :wink:
By teal_dx
breez wrote:should i just run it without the thermostat?

no this is bad to do. put your current one in a pot of boiling water on the stove to see if it opens.

Look for an oily film on the surface of the coolant.

By breez
#165499 it is kinda oily my car still gets hot and cools down when the temp gauge is basically at the H. So is it the headgasket ?
By breez
teal_dx wrote:
breez wrote:should i just run it without the thermostat?

no this is bad to do. put your current one in a pot of boiling water on the stove to see if it opens.

Look for an oily film on the surface of the coolant.

if it is the headgasket about how long do i have to swap it :?
By marquisdee1018
#165658 If it's the head gasket, change it asap. You can damage your head if you keep overheating it.
By PaPaSmURf
#165666 if there are chunks in the radiator try having the radiator flushed something maybe stuck and not alot of coolant is rotating.
By breez
#165718 im working on getting a donor car right now so im not rlly driving it. But i did change the tstat again and flushed the radiator i think my radiator or water pump is bad. Yesterday it didnt get hot but i guess i will see today if i have to go somewhere.