Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By i8umup
#155101 i know u can take the wrx engine and stick in in a old vw beetle but idk about the civic. either way i doubt anyone is gona have a write up on this anywhere. but if its what u want i say go for it dude it would be alot of fab work if it would work at all. but it would make one hell of a civic
By asianrob
#155106 you are alone in the dark on this one...but it can be done.. some peeps threw a SR20 in a civic

only concern is that the tranny might be bigger then the existing tunnel
By chrono404
teal_dx wrote:They did it in a CRX here:
http://www.auto-otaku.com/home/2009/10/king.html
but that's just a cartoon :D

That is an awesome comic. :thumb:

As for the OP.
You can do just about anything you want with enough money and fabricating. If anyone has done this in the past, then they have not documented it.

Getting the Engine and driveterrain into the car will be the easy part. After that you get to wire in then engine and sensors for the AWD stuff. It can be done, however might not be worth it when your done.

If you want more grunt then you can do a B-Series Swap and use a CR-V Rear Dif(different then the D Series rear dif you have now). This will be a much easier swap and has been done before.

There is AWD K Series parts out there. You could make an AWD K24 Civic. Going with a Honda Engine will be much easier once you cross to the wiring phase as they already have jumper harneses on the market.
By JHMEG86
#155773 damn dude, that would be a mean ass civic!!! badass tho... lol
By Ajax1989
#155777 with the time and money anything can be done!!

i say get the sti engine, idk if thats the one u mention
and go for it :thumb:
By ohDirka
#155794 If you want more grunt then you can do a B-Series Swap and use a CR-V Rear Dif(different then the D Series rear dif you have now). This will be a much easier swap and has been done before.

There is AWD K Series parts out there. You could make an AWD K24 Civic. Going with a Honda Engine will be much easier once you cross to the wiring phase as they already have jumper harneses on the market.[/quote]

Honda's awd or 4wd is way different than the Subaru's. Honda's transmission more of a limited slip transmission. The Subaru's is totally different.