Technical Topics specific to the 4 dr. Sedan body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By JHMEG86
#154939 i tried backing up from a parkin spot, and the car will not go in reverse, and it will not get 4th gear, its like if the car would go in neutral..... :(
By JHMEG86
#154960 its good man, i checkd it like 2 weeks ago, and it hasnt leaked anything....
By teal_dx
#154962 damn, that was the easy fix... does the fluid smell burnt or have any metal particles in it?

Next check under the car to make sure the cable is ok, which it probably is.

Next step will be removing the tranny. I'd start looking for another used one, they are usually under $100 used.
By JHMEG86
#155002 well the car is automatic and i kinda wanna go with a stick swap, like around how much am i lookin at??
By Classiccarsrule85
JHMEG86 wrote:well the car is automatic and i kinda wanna go with a stick swap, like around how much am i lookin at??

depends on the trans you get for teh 5spd....
dx-30-150
ex/si-50-200

youll need shift linkage should be able to find it cheap or should come with trans.....

will need 2 axels since the auto are different i think new referbished is like 60/120ish idk

you need a pedal set brake and clutch not sure how much thats gonna cost....

ECU or convert your auto ecu to 5spd

youll need a master cyl and slave cyl.

and youll need to run line for the hydro fluid.....

id say budget of 500 should cover it the prices i suggested are from what ive run into....probaly your best bet is to get a bunch of parts from the junkyard if you could....thats pretty much it as well there would be some cutting involed and if done right then there would be wiring as well for the clutch sensors ......

So if you have a good week id go and do it or if you have a second veihicle or way to get to where you need i would do it as well.....
By asianrob
#155037 check your solenoids
By JHMEG86
#155748 aight thx guys...
yea ima take some time to go to the junk yard....
im tired of automatic 4cyl's....
so definetely ima go stick..! :D
before my EG I had an EJ1, nd the same thing happend to it :x ... so yea!! lol
By JHMEG86
#165881 well its stick finally, and i am currently bleeding the clutch hydro fluid line and it keeps on spitting out air and fluid from the slave cylinder, i have done it many times and it still doesnt get any pressure, the clutch pedal stays pushed in....
By Classiccarsrule85
#165887 well hows the master cyl? also did you use tape on the fittings? use your hand to pump the pedal for the first part you can move it faster also how was the slave you may have an area where the air can get in......if anything id say its your master but id check for leaks and tightness

also be sure you are closing the bleeder the whole way you may not be doing that completely allowing air back in.........
By JHMEG86
#165999 the master isnt leaking, neither the line, i pump the pedal with my hand..... which tape for the fittings..? and the slave cylinder i bought it new... by the way the car only turns on with the automatic stick connected, and if its not connected it will not give me the key, thats because i need a manual ecu right..?
By Classiccarsrule85
#166002 its teh tape people use for air tools i cant remember the technicall name for it i know its white and you place it on the threads not completely sure i think it may be called pipe-tape...

and fro your second question what needs to be done is find the neutral safety switch wires and what you need to do is either i think you can connect them to that of the clutch pedal so it wil only start if the clutch is put in or loop them makeing a complete circuit so you bypass the neutral safety switch allowing the car to start thinking the car is in either neutral or park
By marquisdee1018
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:its teh tape people use for air tools i cant remember the technicall name for it i know its white and you place it on the threads not completely sure i think it may be called pipe-tape...

Teflon tape
By Classiccarsrule85
marquisdee1018 wrote:
Classiccarsrule85 wrote:its teh tape people use for air tools i cant remember the technicall name for it i know its white and you place it on the threads not completely sure i think it may be called pipe-tape...

Teflon tape

there we go thank you lol i just couldnt think of it i could describe the hell outa it but yea thats the tape you can get it at home depot for like $2 near the air tool section
By JHMEG86
#166173 koo, ima try the teflon tape, I have like 5 rolls at home.... Also ima get the master cylinder new because it's like $15 new at my local parts store.... Thx guys