Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By alex95eg
#111118 ok so i got a aem cold air skunk 2 suspention camber kit all around headers what should i do next??
By Vti93T
#111148 ditch the camber kit :lol: what rims and offset are you running
By Vti93T
#111219 ditch the camber kit unless you plan on running low offset wheels..it's not needed
By j427s
#114638 I am running a full kyb agx setup now with skunk2 camber kits front and rear if you plan on keeping your car as a daily I would def have camber kits with a drop: camber kit> excessive tire wear lol. I drive over 20k miles a year and with correct alignment i go through tire less than my buddies that drive 10k miles a year. Also depending on the way you drive your car that should encourage you to modify accordingly.
By ballistic
#114652 high flow cat and full exhaust :thumb:
By teal_dx
#114707 is this car your daily driver? what are your power goals and budget?
If you are dropping it a lot then the camber kit will come in handy.

What's your priority?
Handle better
Faster, more HP
better looks

how's your brakes? when they need replacing that will be a good time to upgrade to some stainless lines to replace the rubber ones, some better pads & rotors :thumb:
By Mr. Pink
#118495 Camber kits are not needed for a daily driver, as already stated. just get an alignment, and you will be set. as far as mods go though that is up to you completely.

personaly with my civic i went.

Engine:
d15b(non vtec from a JDM CRX)
Aftermarket cam(delta 272)
Header(coming soon)
Intake(stock with K&N drop in)

Suspension:
Apexi N1 ITR coilovers w/ITR LCA's(have but not installed)
ASR subframe Brace(not installed)
Blox Rear swaybar w/endlinks(not installed)

Wheels:
14" delsol thin 5 spokes(need new tires)

Exhaust:
Custom 2.25" cat back
OBX twin loop muffler

then comes bodywork for me, as i live in the north and have rust on my car.

Bodywork:
Coupe front end(welded and fitted properly)
Replace rear wheel arches
BYS front lip(if i can find one)
JDM fogs(coupe)
CF hood(have but not installed)
JDM rear wing( debating this)
Black housed headlights(not bought yet)
Vision Smoked amber corners(not bought yet)
By alex95eg
#119301 ok yeah its a daily driver i plan on running auto x and keepin it legal lol!!
lately i have not been driving it its just been at home sleeping and getting new parts i got a full 2.5 cat back with a jdm p28 chipped hondata s200
going to go catless since i dont dd it
By Vti93T
#119311 I wouldn't recommend dumping your car on a camber kit..it'll ruin your shock towers (already did that to mine). Plus camber is not going to kill your tires, if you get it aligned properly then you don't have to worry about that.
By egsedanguy
#119319 you do really hate camber kits lol. well now that my car is dumped, i will not be getting a camber kit. im just going to replace all the bushings and take all the raod crap off em. so ya i see why we dont need em. plus i love the way the wheels lean in. o as for your next mod. get the full poly bushing kit. did it on my girls teg and man did it make a diff. it dont feel all loose.nice and tight.
By alex95eg
#119336 katty did you buy the top hats i did and it changed my angle and raised the shock about 2 in"
also running a tripod strutbar and b and c pillar bars

i was thinking bout adding poly bushings but not right now not yet at least
By Greasedmonkey
alex95eg wrote:ok yeah its a daily driver i plan on running auto x and keepin it legal lol!!
lately i have not been driving it its just been at home sleeping and getting new parts i got a full 2.5 cat back with a jdm p28 chipped hondata s200
going to go catless since i dont dd it

jdm p28? que??

You wont want a camber kit for autoX, you will want the negative camber. Since you said you want to race like that I would suggest:

New bushings everywhere!
Bigger sway bars front and rear
Suspension. Not sure what you have?
SOME GREAT TIRES. Kuhmo XS would be nice. I have Azenis.

Get all that and leave everything else stock, or as you have it. It would be the best idea to start with a completely stock car, so as to get a feel for what really needs to be done, and so that you can learn how you as a driver need to get better.
By Vti93T
alex95eg wrote:katie did you buy the top hats i did and it changed my angle and raised the shock about 2 in"
also running a tripod strutbar and b and c pillar bars

i was thinking bout adding poly bushings but not right now not yet at least

I was running omni coils and stock shocks. Everytime you lower a car the tires and going to lean in. B and c pillar bars don't really do anything. I had a c pillar and I felt no affect of having it. More of a bling purpose