Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By REDCIVICOUPE
#110528 Ok my car hadnt run in about 1 month, and i when i arrived from a road trip i decied to by a Cold air intake i put it on after i started the car it had a little trouble cause It hadent run in such a long time, but i was stupid i wanted to hear the change and i kinnda heard it, so pedal on the floor to hear it . but i quickly closed the engine when i was done. and i tried starting it after it did not.. i know i was stupid.. Can someone tell me what it is im kinda new

my lights and my cd player works so i dont know if its the battery ?
By teal_dx
#110578 you need spark, fuel, and compression for your engine to run.

1. does the motor turn over?

2. does it sputter or want to start?

3. listen for the fuel pump prime when you turn the key.

4. pull spark plug wires 1 at a time and set it on the valve cover. check for spark while someone turns the key.
(double check all your grounds if there's no spark.

5. hit the starter with a hammer, it may have a dead spot. Try starting it again.

if you have fuel and spark, then do a compression test.

But hopefully you just need a charged battery. Try getting a jump and see if it starts. a weak battery can still run the radio, but not have enough juice to start the car.
By REDCIVICOUPE
#110604 Thanks thats a helpfull reply

it was the battery after all because wwhen i put the flasher on to test it did the clicking sound and i boosted it and it started Thanks