Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By EJcivic732
#104149 Anyone who may be able to help i'd greatly appreciate it! i recently put new lightup gauge faces on my coupe and hooked the ground and power to the dimmer switch they worked for a couple minutes and outta nowhere my taillights, the lights for my gauges, and the lights behing my a/c switches stopped working. my brake lights, blinkers, and hazards all work fine. I've taken the gauge faces out, checked all the wires i messed with and there's no exposed wires or flaws, checked the fuses and they all look good but im still not getting anything to light up for me if u have ne ideas of somethin i should do please let me know!
By teal_dx
#104155 the exact same thing happened to me one time, it was the dimmer wire on my head unit shorting out. Your situation sounds a lot like a short, are you sure that a fuse didn't blow?

Try running without the gauges, if they are cheap from ebay/china, maybe it is a short within the gauges themselves. :?
By ej2rey
#104169 Seems like you have a short like teal said. But usually when both the cluster, instrument lights and tail lights go out its because the fuse blew out. The one same fuse power all those things so if the fuse blows they all go out.

Might want to check the fuses again.
By EJcivic732
#104859 def. will check again Thanks!
By dionisis
#104915 i had the same problem on my ITR,it was blown fuse. :x i was so god damn lucky during the night,i almost got hit by a truck. :oops:
By OmarG
#105196 Yea dude, Mine does it ALL the time. It's ALWAYS my fuse. its a little 10 amp: top row, just to the right of center.
By bean
#106251 sounds daft, but check the wiring loom arround the neck of the steering collum, ajust the hight up and down, with your lights switched on see if that makes a difference. dont ask why just worth a shot.
By EJcivic732
#110746 i dont know how many times i checked the fuses and i never got nething from the lights n dash than it started to rain so i started mess wit the fuses i took the top middle 7.5 fuse out forgot exactly where it went so i guessed the spot, looked at my gauges and since then everythings been ok.
By fordbronc399
#116503 Same problem happend to me 3 days ago. it is a 10amp fuse top row toward the center with one space not used to the right of it. All those lights run on that one fuse. My problem was the ground on my head unit wasnt good enough. something easy to check.