Technical Topics specific to the 2 dr. coupe body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By nickbrungard
#159303 Car is a 94 ex 5spd. Timing belt snapped so i figured i would look into doing the dohc mod for the extra ponies. Not looking to build a track car. Just a peppy daily driver. Will most likley be purchasing a jdm engine as i am close enough to a shop that imports them to pick it up my self. please help, Nick.
By JUICE
#159305 first thread i've seen with "vtech" written twice in the subject :lol: :lol:

j/k your gonna need more than just the motor for that swap...
By chnzgoofball
alldatJUICE wrote::lol: :lol:

make sure you check out the DIY section from the homepage

lol x2
By nickbrungard
#159345 Yea. Im gonna take a beating on that huh. o well. glad i could be of some entertainment. even if at my expense.
By teal_dx
#159355 you guys beat me to the shirt post :lol:

So are you looking into a full B series swap? B16 or B18?

You'll need the engine/tranny, mounts, harness, ecu, axles, and shift linkage(?)

I'm a SOHC guy, so I'll let the DOHC crowd fill you in with all the details.
By chrono404
#159386 Parts List:
94-01 Integra Mounts
94-01 Integra Shift linkage
94-01 Integra Axles & Center Shaft
93-97 Del Sol VTEC Power Stearing Mount(if you want reuse your power stearing pump
93-97 Del SOl VTEC A/C pump Mount(if you want to reuse your A/C Pump)

You will want OBD1 Electronics, so a OBD1 Dizzy(a D Series non-vtec dizzy will work on a B Series, Vtec or not), and to reuse your alternator.

Hopefully the engine will come with its harness, if it does not you can reuse a d series harness and add Knock Sensor wires, as well as Wiring for VTEC.

You want to get the correct ECU for your car, if you dont get one for your car, your stock computer can be chipped and programed to run your engine. If you have questions talk to any tuning shop local to you.

From my experience with a B16, just skip it and get a B18c. A b18c will have the same top end as a b16, just with much more torque that will making daily driving nicer.
By nickbrungard
#159394 Thanks. I guess im looking for bang for the buck. Im really only considering the swap because the timing belt broke and i believe took out the engine. So instead of just putting in the stock engine i thought it would be worth looking into whats out there. I know its going to break everyones heart but as my daily driver I was content with the way it ran stock. Being happy with the sohc VTEC Its hard justifying spending twice as much for 40 or 50 more horse. For the sohc guy what kind of mods would be reliable that would keep me around $1500. (thats what i would like to stay around for the project. wether its rebuilding the one i have or switching.
By chrono404
#159480 Its more then just an extra 30-50hp. Its the torque.

If you are just going to Daily, A B18b(ls) will be a nicer daily driver then a b16a, However if your doing high speed Mountain Runs the B16a is a blast. in the Daily Commute the short geared transmission and lack of torque somewhat disappoints. I rather daily drive my b18b powered integra, And as it turns out, Thats what I do. :lol:

If your going to get a single cam, get a jdm d15b sohc vtec. If your going to jump to a B, Get a b18b it will be a nicer daily driver engine having torque so you dont have to shift as often.
By crash123
#160978 yo man do your self a favor dnt waste your money on jdm bs its the same shit man just go to your local junk yard or salvage yard a or were ever you can find it an get a b18c1 its fun you will love it but you will need the stuff like the other guys hav said axles mount ect.... wtaever you decide hav fun with it.but for real all motor honda is a joke or only motor is a joke its slow
By Dippin_EG
crash123 wrote:yo man do your self a favor dnt waste your money on jdm bs its the same shit man just go to your local junk yard or salvage yard a or were ever you can find it an get a b18c1 its fun you will love it but you will need the stuff like the other guys hav said axles mount ect.... wtaever you decide hav fun with it.but for real all motor honda is a joke or only motor is a joke its slow

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By KillerTofu
Dippin_EG wrote:
crash123 wrote:yo man do your self a favor dnt waste your money on jdm bs its the same shit man just go to your local junk yard or salvage yard a or were ever you can find it an get a b18c1 its fun you will love it but you will need the stuff like the other guys hav said axles mount ect.... wtaever you decide hav fun with it.but for real all motor honda is a joke or only motor is a joke its slow

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hahahahahahahh, that's too good :P
By chrono404

Even though some of the JDM engines are similar to USDM engines, They have much less mileage on them then our USDM engines. JDM engines are swapped out every 30k, therefore much fresher then our USDM engines that getting one with 130k is "Low Miles" All OBD1 Honda Engines in junkyards wont be in near the shape as the JDM Engines.

Please don't try to say otherwise.
By Dippin_EG
#161000 pwned