Photoshopped images & requests, show off your Photography
By Greasedmonkey
#47902 Im wanting a new digital camera. Id like one that could take pics of my ferret in action. nice rolling shots, and your basic landscape type pics for vacation things. Id like a camera that can take the pics rather quickly. As is push the button and instantly take the pic. No thinking about it. Thats how we lose the nice shots of the ferret playing.

Can anyone suggest a good camera for what I would like to use it for.
By Macca
#47909 Im currently in the same position as you my friend.

I dont know loads about photography but i do find it interesting and hope to get into it.

But i've been looking at the "Fujifilm S5800" its seems to be a point and shoot camera but with extra features .....
By Greasedmonkey
#47913 Ive got a Nikon Coolpix L1 and it just doesnt take the pictures fast enough to catch the crazy shit this ferret does. I need something that can take pretty much motion pictures, like sports type pics.
By civicnation93
#47922 Dont have any suggestions other than find one with a fast shutter speed
By JLau
#47930 Hmmm, your P&S should be able to take the pics you are attempting. Almost all digital cameras have a "sport" mode w/ a fast shutter speed but if you are taking pics of a ferret in action I assume that it's inside. Lighting is almost never good enough inside a home for a fast shutter speed. Flash is almost always needed and the flash on P&S's suck and the pics never come out as you planned.

I suggest taking it outside or turning on all lights even in the day. If it is a delay between the push of the button and the actual "shutter" action I'd go to an electronic store and seeing how fast the other cameras are. Most electronic stores have em plugged in to test, not to mention it'll be indoors too. You can't do that in online researching.
By stefan
#47986 I love the 'Canon EOS 350D Digital' my folks have.
Sounds like you need one of those my friend, but be prepared to spend some money... good cameras don't come cheap.

BTW, I believe Canon replaced the 350 with the 400, don't know the difference though.

Also, for rolling shots you don't want a fast shutter time, as you get a pic of the car without the wheels moving :P
By Greasedmonkey
#48122 im not sure what price range Im in right now. It will be a lil bit before i get the camera, i just wanted some choices.
By Chance
#48123 DSLR

VVVV my sig = the only way to go haaa :wink:
By JLau
#48131 Yes, DSLR's are the way to go but it's not something that sounded like what you wanted. Yes , they do answer all your problems but it didn't sound like you were ready to make the larger investment which is why I suggested P&S's. A lot of P&S's can perform much of the DSLR actions and all that you described at a fraction of the cost. Most DSLR camera bodies w/ out lenses cost more than P&S's.
By Gorveatt
#48137 Well for a good point and shoot camera, the Canon A series is good, some even have a full manual mode on them, I have an A540 and i've still yet to learn all the features.. And theya re fairlycheep as well.

$199 at bestbuy
By id3379
#48361 Nikon D3

You'll never need another camera for the rest of your life.

you might have to skip eating for a few months though.