Relating to the site
By chrono404
#129895 **bump**
Picked up some stickers

Guys order something, Civic-eg is awesome and we have to keep her online.
By teal_dx
#129914 thanks man :thumb:
My bad on the limited color choices for the stickers. I don't expect to sell too many when there's only 2 colors left :lol:
New ones are done and in the mail as I type this. There's going to be some new colors (purple, orange, gold) and the stickers are a couple inches larger than before. Same design. :thumb: If you're holding out for more color choice, it will only be a few more days :woot:
By underESTIMATED
#179178 How's the site working since this same time last year?

Any more issues?

I figured out why my misc.php file was pulling a shitton of resources; it runs the site. Controls all ACP stuff, automated type stuff and just basically all the cron stuff that the site needs to function on.

I would probably assume that's the simliar phpBB version.
By teal_dx
#179213 It's working great since upgrading to Virtual Private Server :thumb:
$50/mo but that's worth the uptime to me :thumb:

PHPBB doesn't have a misc.php file. I'm not sure if it has anything similar. I'm waiting for you to upgrade OS to VB4, I'm on another site that uses vb4 and it looks great so far.
I think about upgrading civic-eg to VB, but right now there's nothing wrong with the site and I don't want to give myself a headache if I don't need to.

I'm sure we'll outgrow phpbb eventually though, especially at this rate :woot:
We already outgrew our hosting once :lol:
By Joplies
#179380 Haha :woot: for growing! Im waiting till next pay check and im hopping to buy some stickers or a shirt or both idk. :thumb: i gotta support my interwebs home :P
By kingjmack
#263591 $10 sent your way. Thanks for keeping up such an awesome site!
By 94EJ2
#263629 well i was going through the memberlist and there is over 200 pages of people with 0 post that have been members for over 3 years maybe if you had set up a required post per month or year we could lessen the space the site uses
and get rid of some of the old useless threads
By gtstripes
94EJ2 wrote:well i was going through the memberlist and there is over 200 pages of people with 0 post that have been members for over 3 years maybe if you had set up a required post per month or year we could lessen the space the site uses
and get rid of some of the old useless threads

thats a good idea, or maybe delete members who havent been active for over a year (a year just incase people have been on holidays...for a year...?) but yeah i recon it is worth looking into
By Chance
#263666 I couldnt imagine Inactive users taking up that much space that it would make a difference to delete them.
By Chance
#263668 Plus... there have been plenty "welcome" threads started by members that have had an account for over a year without a post. "Hey figured id post since ive been on the site for a while" type of stuff. You dont have to post to be a member. Most of them found the site useful and just didnt have the need to post and Requiring a certain amount of posts wont make things better. That would just turn C-EG into a nazi site.
The members we have all love the site and usually step up when needed to help keep it up, from what Ive seen anyway. I'm sure more goes on through PM's with Brian and what not. Kudos to everyone that contributes!
Last edited by Chance on Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By EG {FIVE-500}
#271361 is there any more donations needed and how much per member. at first i wasnt a regular active member but ill come out with it ive turn't into a bit of a whore to this site these days so would be more than happy to donate