Anything & Everything Off-Topic (Some material may be offensive)
By jefferydclark
#349331 any ideas on what we can do to bring more folks in? I have to admit I haven't been on in quite a while myself. just not enough posts to reason to come back often because my build has stalled due to money reasons.
By teal_dx
#349335 Shut down facebook :hehe:

I feel like more people get on FB throughout the day. There's more activity on the FB page. People seem to prefer one or the other. I prefer the forum because it's easier to read & search.

I'll help people once in a while on the FB page, but I help everyone I can in the forum.
By Leppy
#349338 Maybe advertise forum activity on the Facebook page more often. Like ROTM submission and voting threads getting linked when they are created. Or feature a member build thread or DIY post once a month or something.
By HeikDiesel
#349340 I didn't even know there was a facebook page. Forums in general have lower volume across the board. Most technical items have been covered before if you search hard enough
By TrailerTrash
#349353 why have a facebook page at all? facebook pages are for people/companies/businesses that dont have real webistes
By Ajax1989
#349354 say the word and the FB will be shut down :roll:
By jefferydclark
#349367 haha yeah...I've been over facebook for a while. I get a lot of likes on my build there but I tend to like forums better. this is the first forum I've actually stuck with...all the others were full of D-bags. but I agree with Leepy. link ROTM and whatnot to the threads on here or try to get folks to join and enter to be rotm...require a small cap of posts like you have to be a member at least a month..random other things that are easy... I do understand this cant be a one man job either.
By Leppy
#349371 I'd help.
By suspendedHatch
#349375 I don't agree with any kind of penalty to force people to be here if they don't want to.

If you want people to come here, you have to offer things that they can't get on facebook or generally just do not work as well on facebook.

I have a ton of photos that could turn into write-ups. I'm not sure if it's worth it though. All people care about anymore is slamming their car, tucking their bay, and putting a flipped up duck bill on the back. That kind of shit makes me sick.
By Leppy
suspendedHatch wrote:All people care about anymore is slamming their car, tucking their bay, and putting a flipped up duck bill on the back. That kind of shit makes me sick.

This. I can't stand the super low static setup craze and the flipped up spoiler...
By HeikDiesel
#349383 ^ Pretty much my car to a T :cry:
By teal_dx
#349388 To each their own. I've done the performance setup and tried the flush setup for a summer. It's fun driving fast and it's also fun to turn heads. The honda scene has grown into sub genres. This forum isn't meant to be any one or two of those genres, but any build of a civic. I like to see them all :)
By Leppy
HeikDiesel wrote:^ Pretty much my car to a T :cry:

Minus the spoiler, your car isn't bad though lol. There aren't many cars on here that are done poorly, it's all the ones I see in tuner video's and on WorldWide Honda (FB) that try to make car styles into fads and trends and all look cookie cutter while trying to be 'unique' and in my opinion, useless.

I could debate form versus function versus style ALL day, but I'm not. (though that might be a fun thread to start here just to see everyone's opinions.)

The members who usually stick to the forum are all about building the car for themselves, enjoying the process, and having fun. All the resources here are laid out properly, and it's easy to find what you are looking for. No one's forcing the Facebook crowd to join the forum instead, but I think promoting the actual forum more often would be good overall, since I believe half the FB crowd doesn't even realize there IS a forum...
By TrailerTrash
Leppy wrote:...I believe half the FB crowd doesn't even realize there IS a forum...

this seems like a very real possibility

also who slams their civic? :?:
lol