Anything & Everything Off-Topic (Some material may be offensive)

Did you stay on track?

22%
22%
56%
By teal_dx
#343688 We all wanted to be something growing up. My question is whether or not you stayed true to your childhood dreams and chose that career path.

When I was a real little kid I wanted to be an astronaut. Then when I was 6, the Challenger blew up and I decided I no longer wanted to be an astronaut. I've liked to draw things for as long as I can remember, so being a graphic designer, I'm going to say "Similar". :)
By silverEG8
#343694 When I was growing up, I wanted to be an Architect. When I went to college, I took up Architecture. There, I realized I didn't want to be an Architect.

Now, I'm a Technical Trainor in a vocational school for Offset Lithography printing.

Not even close, I would say, but contented. :)
By TrailerTrash
#343699 i never really wanted to be anything specific that stuck

i wanted to be a cowboy. realized i didnt like riding horses

wanted to be a chef. my mom then wanted me to help cook constantly. didnt want to be a chef anymore.

wanted to be a cop. watched a few episodes of worlds wildest police videos. seen a few cops get shot/run over/whatever. didnt want to be a cop anymore

wanted a career in video games. realized the likelihood of having a job ONLY playing games was pretty slim. gave up on that one.

detailed cars from 15-20 then got a factory job in a corrugated sheet plant and thats still where im at. i like factory work
By jefferydclark
#343712 I wanted to be an architect but I ended up being a drafter that actually detailed metal buildings(churches, stores, agricultural buildings) and then became a programmer developing a 3D modeling software that my industry uses.
By rustyrex
#343733 I followed my childhood dream 100%. When I was 4 my parents bought me a power wheel and after a few months it shorted out. Instead of them buying me a new one or me just doing without I learned how to troubleshoot electronics and install the battery pack and electric motor from my grandmas old little rascal with my help help of course. I knew whatiI wanted to be and after 12 years of school and 10 year's of college I now hold a Masters degree in Electrical Engineering and couldn't be happier.
By ohDirka
#343740 I wanted to be nothing but a racecar driver growing up... I'm a Systems Administrator for the government. So not even close.

:(
By Ajax1989
#343870 I wanted to be a nascar driver, now I work for Infinity Insurance Co.
By Virux
#344124 I don't remember ever wanting to be something in particular. Which is great, because I'm basically unemployed. I'm gonna say accomplished. :lol: I just liked things as a kid, such as cars and technology; but never really thought about a career.