Anything & Everything Off-Topic (Some material may be offensive)
By rustyrex
#332548 Image

The day after I had to have all of my teeth removed. I have a genetic disease that causes a severe protein deficiency. I have lost 15% vision in my left eye and 10% in my right. And now I only have 6 real teeth left.

This is how I have started my day all week. 2 Perc 10's and penicillin and a double serving of vanilla Ensure. It's gonna be about 2-3 months before I get my top dentures and lower partial
By Apexracing
#332549 Well it sounds like there was nothing you could of done bud. But i wish you a speedy recovery!
By rustyrex
#332558 Thanks man. Today I was finally able to eat real food. I had 7 bowls of baked potato soup from panera and about a loaf of sour dough bread. Damn it was good lol.
By teal_dx
rustyrex wrote:I had 7 bowls of baked potato soup from panera and about a loaf of sour dough bread. Damn it was good lol.
:thumb:

Hope you're feeling better soon!
By sound boy 64
#333323 man I really hope you do have a speedy recovery
By rustyrex
#333336 Thanks guy. I am healing pretty good. I had a check up on Friday and my oral surgeon told me I have to have another surgery on July 1st. She has to remove a few bone chips and flatten out my gums more. So instead of 6-8 weeks before I get my dentures its now 12-16.
By Chance
#333535 Ouch.. holy! I couldn't even imagine having to deal with this. GL buddy!
By kapow
#334231 Good luck bud! Hope you have a speedy recovery
By rustyrex
#334261 Thanks guys. I'm healing very well. I have 1 more surgery august 1st. I have some bone chips that need removed. Hopefully a week or two after that I can get my impression for my denture and partial.
By gtstripes
rustyrex wrote:Thanks guys. I'm healing very well. I have 1 more surgery august 1st. I have some bone chips that need removed. Hopefully a week or two after that I can get my impression for my denture and partial.

good luck with it all man :) :woot:
By rustyrex
#335195 Alrighty, I had my 4th and hopefully last surgery this morning. My oral surgeon had to remove 8 bone chips and contour my lower jaw bone and remove some excess skin from the upper jaw bone.

This pic was taken about 3 minutes after I woke up from the anesthesia Image

This one was about 10 minutes after I woke up Image
By rustyrex
#335196 Since I had my original surgery I've lost 29 lbs and went from a 38" waist down to a 33". I can not wait to get my denture and partial. I have a major craving for a mushroom and swiss burger still.