Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By KRYSTED9354
ChicagoMike wrote:Yeah, I'm trying to make it to the track on the 6th, they have a scale out there, so we'll see what it comes in at.

i just went to my local scrap yard and asked them the guy said no then i flashed him a few washingtns and he aggred ! LOL
By k0rean4life
#48834 My old hatch weighed 1940 with me in and a K-series.

1992 CX

Full gutted with only a Dash.

One spoon seat

removed undercoating

No AC No Heater

No speakers

FAL Lexan rear windows.

Removed bumper supports and welded in chromoly bars.

15" Spoon SW388's

weighed slightly over 1,800
By k0rean4life
teal_dx wrote:is the 1800+ the hatch with the CF tailgate & hood?

Nope that Hatch was a different one. That one was more of a JDM hatch build. :woot:

Those windows Help alot especially if you want to daily drive your car you dont want to be cutting and drilling your cars structure, that will weaken it and make it less safe.
By Bouli
#48857 I'm going to strup my interior too, but my car stays as a daily driver 8)

I'm going to take my car to the strip hopefully this year or so.

carbon trunk is in order, it will safe me a lot cuz the stock trunk of the coupé is heavy

:thumb:
By id3379
#48867 you guys would be suprised but the stock wheel weighs ALOT

a Q/R set up will shed a pound or two..
By k0rean4life
id3379 wrote:you guys would be suprised but the stock wheel weighs ALOT

a Q/R set up will shed a pound or two..

:D
By LowTEC-Derbo
#48974 lol.. lighter wheels and tires make a big diff in the way it drives too. :)

removing bars will help too.. like sway bars tie bars, strut bars..
By flyinryan122
#48975 Deleted for k0rean4life.
Last edited by flyinryan122 on Fri Apr 04, 2008 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
By k0rean4life
flyinryan122 wrote:HaHa sorry guys, I went the total opposite way.

ALL interior stayed. Full 12pt cage, I built around the back seat so it stayed (of course if somone were to ride back there they have absolutley no place to set thier feet and they would have a hell of a time climbin in lol).

heater stayed, stereo stayed, built the cage so head liner and all panels can still be removed tho.

Goal was to build a fast civic(current set up will be low elevens, might be able to break high tens later in the season.), that kept FULL interior, and on a SOHC. goal almost accomplished, track opens in three weeks. :)

What does that have to do with Weight reduction tho :?
By flyinryan122
k0rean4life wrote:
flyinryan122 wrote:HaHa sorry guys, I went the total opposite way.

ALL interior stayed. Full 12pt cage, I built around the back seat so it stayed (of course if somone were to ride back there they have absolutley no place to set thier feet and they would have a hell of a time climbin in lol).

heater stayed, stereo stayed, built the cage so head liner and all panels can still be removed tho.

Goal was to build a fast civic(current set up will be low elevens, might be able to break high tens later in the season.), that kept FULL interior, and on a SOHC. goal almost accomplished, track opens in three weeks. :)

What does that have to do with Weight reduction tho :?

Wow. Okay, there ya go bud, deleted it for ya...........