Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By eg-civic-racer
#8495 So decided to spend the money on the styling of the car and sort the rust on the rear arches.

Unfortunatly never had any photos of before and not a lot of during as i put the car into a bodywork shop to be done but the boy (Hamish, soooo Scottish!) was good enough to let me come down and lend a hand and take some pics of along the way.

Decided to do it a different way than others as it was advice given to me by Hamish and becuase he is old and wise! I took his advice!

Will let the photos do the talking...............

All done nearly!!!! Had to take the car away to done some work on her before her MOT! Hope she passes! This photo was taken last night whilst my mate was doing an oil change in the shed :hehe:

So only replaced the actual rust, noticed that other boys have cut out half off the car?

Replaced the inner arch as well as they were all gone!

Whats next i hear you ask?

Got a good deal from www.12tune.nl cheapest and fastest :thumb:

In the post

In the post

Got 60mm (2.5") springs to put on as well

Will keep this post updated by the end of the week and show some finished photos and photos of the meet!

To let you all know this is the second time i had to type this out cause my wee lad pulled the plug on the computer just as i was previewing it for the last time so apoligise for not to many words on the progress but i couldnt be arsed typing all that again!! lol :thumb:
By york62
#8497 right on man that thing shoudl look awesome when your done
By Jsa-SIR2
#8505 nice, have you got a pic of it dun?

good luck with the MOT. :)
By teal_dx
#8506 that's a very nice job they did on your rust! in the last pic, it's hard to tell, but did they flare the arches out a little bit more than oem? looks good :thumb:
By eg-civic-racer
#8509 Not put up the finished photos yet cause there arent any!! Still got to go back in get a bit more filler added and a machine polish. :thumb:

:shock: FAILED ITS MOT! :shock:

Failed on 16 points! tyres, lights to high, a couple of bulbs out, brake pipes all round, cv boots, lower swing arms and something else got the info across the phone and was so gutted i couldnt remeber!! So it doesnt matter how good she looks it will only be looking good in the driveway for now!! And that will be me not going to the meet! :x
By LaMbErT*
#8510 Dooohd was bout to say alotta stuff bout the photos and parts but nooooo it failed its MOT :( :( :( Gutted man and was wanting to see it at the meet too! But anyways good luck with it man and itll look soooo good when done!
By teal_dx
#8511 MOT sounds like a pain in the ass! Over here the test varies from atate to state. Some states check your tail pipe emissions and some dont. Some states like Ohio are partial, some counties within OH check emissions while the county right below me doesn't lol. But when you take your car in, they could care less about all the stuff you mentioned. I believe the only time they give a car the full lookover like MOT is when you brin a car in from another state and try to get plates for it.
By chnzgoofball
#8532 nice! cant wait to see pics when u get all the parts on!!
By civicnation93
#8561 Yea that definitely sucks to hear man :( As teal_dx was sayin in the states its not to bad unless you bring to an ass of a garage...getting the inspection done can be a pain..good thing about our older cars is we pass on alot of emission testings because cant hook it up to the puter for that part...but its usually one of those..."Turn on your headlights, brights, stoplights, turn signals, horn works, ok try emer break?" Ok all good here ya go...$21 and a year inspection usually...in Japan its a little bit different because they dont really have an inspection...over here they pay 2 Fee's basically...Japan Road Tax (which is exactly what it says) and JCI or Japanese Car Insurance...that can be a killer depending on year/make/model and car...ive seen $1200 JCI's for 2 years...btw thats not including the Insurance that covers your own car ><
By eg-civic-racer
#8584 teal_dx wrote
that's a very nice job they did on your rust! in the last pic, it's hard to tell, but did they flare the arches out a little bit more than oem? looks good

Might be flared ever so slightly!! The only prob that we have is with the heat of the welding, waving the connection a bit and where the arch meets the lower plastic sill, there isnt a perfect match on alignment but nothing a bit off patience, filler and a wee bit more paint will sort!! :thumb:

Going to pick the car up today so i will post a list of the faults and progress on the arches in detail photos!

Just a wee bit gutted that i spent a Grand on making her look good just to sit in the drive now until more cash comes up! :(
By vtec_gloucester
#8597 glad to see it all coming together mate, shame it failed the MOT but all the problems aint to hard to sort out...

good luck with it all matey :thumb:
By ohDirka
#8669 dude that sucks that it failed the MOT...i live in the same area as teal_dx but i dont have the inspections...hell if you want to run straight pipes go for it in my county they dont care. i ran open headers on my buick road master with a lt1 corvette 350 under the hood lol it was load as hell but i never got pulled over..until i went into the county that teal lives in.i guess they didnt like my sleeper car..i hate montville police
By eg-civic-racer
dude that sucks that it failed the MOT...i live in the same area as teal_dx but i dont have the inspections...hell if you want to run straight pipes go for it in my county they dont care. i ran open headers on my buick road master with a lt1 corvette 350 under the hood lol it was load as hell but i never got pulled over..until i went into the county that teal lives in.i guess they didnt like my sleeper car..i hate montville police

Dude its sucks sooooo much!! Car is still at the work the now as im off with a chest inection, so i still dont know the extent of damage yet. I suppose its a good thing having test done on your car just to keep everyone safe!!
It hasnt failed on any of the mods sounds like all safety shit so i will let them off and not go round and beat the shite out of them!! :thumb: