Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.

Get it?

94%
6%
By DarkCreep
#7544 Sup guys! Yeah im new here.

I have a 1993 Mercedez 190E and I have been looking for a decent EG6 for my little brother. We found a few on the pennysaver and stuff but as soon as we called they were gone.

Some guy at work is selling his for $2000
It has
Sidemarkers
intake
exhaust
front lip

The paint is SEVERELY damaged, as if he tried to sand it down but got tired 10% into the job. The hood has a dent as if someone hit it from the inside. The seat has a small tear. The steering wheel may not be the original. It has 200000 miles. I told him about these and he lowered the price to $1500
And lasty, the fan failed so he over heated it last weekend. So now there is the chance of a warped head or block. He now lowered the price to $800.

I wanted to get your guys' opinion on this and what you think should be done. I looked on Hmotorsonline. com and they only D15 they have there is a SOHC VTEC one for $499.99. I wouldn't mind replacing the D15 for now till the B16 finds its way into the engine bay, but again, I need something to run for now. And I dont want to pay $500 for an engine. If I can find a D15 non vtec for about $200 ill be good to go.

What do you guys think? Any links to cheap D15/16 motors?
By asianrob
#7551 id say buy and buy a motor localy it would be a whole lot cheaper
By DarkCreep
#7553 If I buy it then I can't repaint my Benz... :(

My step dad says its a gamble so I dunno. He got another car so he really needs to get rid of it. How about I go up to him with $600 in cash? $20's to make it seem more? :?
By vtec_gloucester
#7556 just keep trying to nock the price down! get it for as cheap as poss!
By teal_dx
#7579 $800 is an ok deal, but not that great. Since it's overheated, could possibly be buying a car with a bad motor. Does it Run at all now? Plus the exterior will need repainted and a new hood. How are the brakes, axles/CV joints, interior? What rims/tires does it have? If all those questions have a positive answer then I'd buy it. A used hood can be found around here for $50-75, A used D16z6 long block (no tranny) runs for about $250-$350 used. You could get lucky though and only have to replace the head, which will cost you about $100 for a used one, plus head bolts & head gasket. Might as well replace the timing belt & water Pump then too for another $100.

If you have the hookup on paint, and can get the engine parts local, and everything else is OK on the car, then $800 is a good deal for you :thumb: I'd consider it
By ChicagoMike
#7591 Dude where are you located??? I might be able to get my hands on my old D15 non vtec out of my car. And it'd be hella cheap.
By DarkCreep
#7603 Image

Im in Downey, California.

I found a shop that will sell me a motor for $300. A D15 from some guy who just got a Type R B18. If I can't find cheaper ill certainly look around. The shop is pretty new so hes pretty much giving shit away. $1200 for a B16!!

I looked on Craigslist and I couldnt find any D15's.
By teal_dx
#7606 it doesn't look all that bad, just needs paint. are the rear fenders rust free? If so then I'd say it's worth $800.
You never know, after you take out the motor that's in there, you could part it out and make some of your $$ back that you spent on the new one.
By chnzgoofball
#7611 yeah its worth 800 how far is downey away from san francisco/oakland? i got plenty of hook ups so send me a pm or whatever to reach me if your ever in my area
By Greasedmonkey
#7702 Get it. If i had the moneys I would get it and bring it back here!
By DarkCreep
#8353 I told him $500 cash and he said no.