Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By york62
#4775 what is the point of these on either side of my civic hatch. :? and how important are they?

By asianrob
#4776 i guess thats for the cabin pressure :? so that the air goes in and out on those rear vents i dunno
By teal_dx
#4783 yeah supposed to keep the air flowing. I don't femember seeing them on my 92, just a solid plastic plug. The driver side had a bigger plastic vent with a rubber flap.
By Skyu_Ivy
#4803 If you have a sun roof it could be the drain for water build up! I don't know for sure though i don't have a sunroof haha
By teal_dx
Skyu_Ivy wrote:If you have a sun roof it could be the drain for water build up! I don't know for sure though i don't have a sunroof haha

I bet you're right! He has an Si (has a sunroof) and my dx doesn't. Good job solving this one :thumb:
By york62
#4851 good call man i think you got it
i think i'll put them back in then haha
By Skyu_Ivy
#4867 haha good idea.. just what a hatch needs.. more ways for water to get in it! :D

Glad i could help!
By york62
Skyu_Ivy wrote:haha good idea.. just what a hatch needs.. more ways for water to get in it! :D

Glad i could help!

i'm gonna put them back in tho i woudl rather have water in the back of the car then rotting away at my roof haha