Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By stann90
#357842 I have a 92 Eg Si gsr swap running obd1 p72, and the previous owner ripped the o2 sensor wiring from the engine bay.. so i ordered a rywire sub harness. Problem is im confused as hell how to wire it. rywire showed me a diagram where the white wire goes to d14, green a6, red tap into a25 yellow/black, block ground next to ecu. i did that but the CEL is still on, so i ripped them out of the ecu again. i searched a little bit online and found different answers, green D22, white d14, Black a6, black a25.. so i checked a26 and i notice that theres a 2 wire cable running underneath the passenger side all the way up the mid console (up the radio) the colors are Black and white ,but i have no idea what they are for , again the previous owner hacked the wire harness and ripped the o2 sensor wires out the engine bay , So im driving around with CEL for o2 sensor can someone clerify how to do it decent , i even listen to H-T forum people to splice some of the o2 subharness wires and solder them into the already existing ECU cables, i did that , that didnt work, so i solder the pins back to the subharness. (sorry my english is not the greatest)
By teal_dx
#357844 Sounds like the previous owner really butchered the harness. If I were you, I'd consider replacing the whole thing. Who knows exactly what they did and if the colors are still original/correct. If there are other parts they "modified", those could just turn into problems down the road. Finding electrical problems is no fun.

When you say the original owner ripped the o2 sensor wires out of the engine bay, do you mean he cut them off at the shock tower? Or completely removed them all the way to the ecu?

Is the rest of the harness original besides those wires?