Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By york62
#34396 whats a headlyt? a headlight? haha, you should be more specific with your questions if you want a better response.

oh and proper spelling helps too!
By Greasedmonkey
#34506 It looks like he is asking which housing is better for HID lights. The stock, crystal, projector or JDM style housings. Kinda easy to see if you look.

Retro fitted projectors would be the best.
By RoBoT
#34525 i would love projectors with H.I.D, but they are all american beam pattern, not legal in the UK, why cant anyone make UK legal projectors, they would make a killing, as most people that buy them modify them their selves and they still not 100% correct beam pattern, with the tick of to the left, and not blinding oncoming traffic on the right lol. :(
By LowTEC-Derbo
RoBoT wrote:i would love projectors with H.I.D, but they are all american beam pattern, not legal in the UK, why cant anyone make UK legal projectors, they would make a killing, as most people that buy them modify them their selves and they still not 100% correct beam pattern, with the tick of to the left, and not blinding oncoming traffic on the right lol. :(

buy japanese projectors like from the honda integra DC. they are RHD versions :)
By RoBoT
#34527 does tha not mean i have to modify the whole front end of the car to make them fit?

or is it an easy fitment?
By LowTEC-Derbo
RoBoT wrote:does tha not mean i have to modify the whole front end of the car to make them fit?

no it means...taking apart your stock headlights or aftermarket ones and making cuts etc to fit the projectors into the headlights. :) there is a thread in the general section about HIDS that gorveatt made.
By Gorveatt
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:
RoBoT wrote:does tha not mean i have to modify the whole front end of the car to make them fit?

no it means...taking apart your stock headlights or aftermarket ones and making cuts etc to fit the projectors into the headlights. :) there is a thread in the general section about HIDS that gorveatt made.

TSX ones are better then the Teg ones, hell go with the S2000 ones they are one of THE bet projectors on the market out of ANY car. :thumb:
By RoBoT
#34541 thanks guys will look for more info on H.I.D fitment
By RoBoT
#34555 Been looking and the way that these projectors have been fitted in the lights will not be legal in the UK as they cant be adjusted like the standard ones, will JDM ITR (DC2) lights fit to an EG without to much modification?

Thanks
By teal_dx
#34556 what about installing a shield so that the beam won't go too high and blind oncoming drivers? not sure how strict the law is there. Or... check out JDM-Chick's headlights. They have different levels of adjustment from a switch on the dashboard :thumb:
http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=718 ... c&start=30
By Gorveatt
#34557 Holly actually has the EDM headlights not the JDM ones.

and the shield you are referring to is called a casper shield. they only work so much, they don't provide the cutoff like a HID retrofit does
By teal_dx
#34559 I'm wondering if the adjustment mechanism from the EDM lights + the HID retrofit would make them legal in the UK since they would then be adjustable. :?

You would probably end up needing a clear front piece that is crystal clear like from a set of the ebay projector lamps so the beam won't be scattered from the oem glass lens.
By split sec eg
#34585 i like jdm headlights has anyone try to put hid one them before?