Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By Maly
#311421 Having a hard time getting the hatch wiring for the plate light out, it is disconnected from the light itself but won't pull out, don't want to break anything. It's connected to the harness on the passenger side, tied in with the brake light, it goes under the metal so I'm not sure how you're even supposed to feed that back through on install, searched but can't find anything on it.

Thanks guys.

1992 honda civic cx hatchback
By teal_dx
#311423 Done it before and it's a PITA. To feed it back through, tape the wire to a straightened metal clothes hanger and fish around. Its tough if you have big hands. I can't remember anything that kept it from pulling out... maybe a ground wire bolted to the tail gate?
By Maly
teal_dx wrote:Done it before and it's a PITA. To feed it back through, tape the wire to a straightened metal clothes hanger and fish around. Its tough if you have big hands. I can't remember anything that kept it from pulling out... maybe a ground wire bolted to the tail gate?

I got the ground out, I have no idea, I'll take a look again, and you're right about that, my buddy told me to "just reach your hands in there", I don't even think a 10year old can get their hands in there.