Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By ZHTEG
#12850 Hey I am excited to enter the EG world and have found a project that I am interested in purchasing. Its Charcoal Grey, very minor rust spots in the rear quarters, needs a new windshield, a new hood, and a few minor other things. The car is on sale for $2175, the motor runs but I have plans to replace that with a B16C, and the hood will be C/F, and I can easily fix that rust for about $50. Do any of you think this is worth purchasing at this price or is it a rip off, just looking for some other opinions. Thanks!
By asianrob
#12851 low ball him as much as you can C/F hood = 400 bucks wind screen = 100+
rust spots are probably worser than you realize some times some times it could be surface and then sometimes it could be rotted all the way through cost my bro about 1400 to replace the 1/4 and paint in side out
By vtec_gloucester
#12861 welcome dude :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
#12868 Pick it up and get to work!! :lol:

Just tell him $1800 cash, and see if he jumps. :thumb:
By teal_dx
#12869 get a good look at that rust, it's always worse on the inside than it is on the exterior :(

That color is a nice choice though, I believe the OEM name is Phantom Grey. You don't see very many of them!

how many miles are on it?
By LaMbErT*
#12908 im with these 2 :thumb:
By ZHTEG
#12931 thanks, when i get another chance to go up there and check it out i will and get a really good look at it. I think the car has about 140,000 miles on it, but that will be chassis mileage when i get done with the swap. I'll try $1800 and i just got a second job so more cash flow= more fun so...
By stefan
#12941 Just go get it and see to it you pay as less as you can.
Almost every somewhat older car brings a lot of work, doesn't matter if it's a Honda or a BMW/Rolls/Jag (you get the picture, right ;) ).
By x-racer
#20419 yeah i know its all late but i dont think u will find a B16C.u might find a B18C.well i know ull find a B18C.B16 only come in B16A's and B16B.just throwing it out there.not trying to make fun of no one. :thumb: