Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By IRN-RU
#27350 hold up.

I've got an esi eg. what would that be classes as? cx, dx...????

mine came with both mirrors and air con, not airbags though.

or is the uk spec different to usa spec???
By IRN-RU
#27354 I meant LSI no ESI.
my bad.
By Graham
#27355 Think its a dx in the states, ive got an lsi too :thumb:

Just out of interest though, my 94 eg doesnt have any airbags...
By IRN-RU
#27357 probs cause we're better drivers over here...we dont need them 8)
By Gorveatt
#27359 LOL my 93CX doesn't have them either, I guess i just kick ass at driving then :lol:
By Graham
#27360 I just mentioned it cos someone said 94 models on have drivers airbags, might only be in the states though

Airbags = extra weight :lol:
By IRN-RU
#27362 just north americans then,hah.

exactly, why bother when you can go faster!?!
By suspendedHatch
#28234 We all forgot one of the most critical differences is in the transmission. The Si/EX has the best gearing, and I believe the Si has the best final drive ratio.

The VX has an upshift light on the cluster. Tells you to upshift and stay in 12 valve mode while cruising.

The VX/EX/Si have a unique distributer that wont fit any other D series (except the JDM equivalents ie SOHC ZC VTEC and the JDM D15B (pretty sure)).

The VX ECU has a built in wideband O2 controller. If you're going to hack an ECU, the P07 seems to me to be the best choice, but that's not my area of expertise.
By hondajunkee
suspendedHatch wrote:The VX ECU has a built in wideband O2 controller. If you're going to hack an ECU, the P07 seems to me to be the best choice, but that's not my area of expertise.

yeah and replacing that wideband 02 sensor is expensive. at autozone its $385 just for the part crazyness
By Greasedmonkey
#28242 the Si/EX tranny both have the same 4.25 final drive.
By suspendedHatch
#28531 I have at least two of those O2 sensors laying around. I'm part of the reason why they're so expensive. We drove the demand way up when we started using them with various wideband kits for tuning w/the AEM EMS and other standalones.

Sorry to go off topic.
By teal_dx
#30965 My 92 dx has a driver's side air bag. It had the entire SRS system & one impact sensor on each side of the firewall.

Anyone w/o a driver side airbag, can you post a pic of your steering wheel? I'm curious to see if they look different :?
By hondajunkee
#30970 are you looking for a pic of a 92-93 or a pic of a 94-95? i have a 92 and 95 sitting in the drive just let me know which you want a pic of
By hondajunkee
#30984 i dont think any came with out a driverside airbag? my 92 only has a driver side and my 95 has both, but never once have i seen one without a air bag at all. or do you mean to take off the air bag and take a pic of the under side?