Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By teal_dx
#11525 I bought a tail gate from a guy a while back because my stock one was rusting. Well it's finally painted and the car is done. When I went to bolt my plates on though.... the holes don't line up!

I went back and checked my old one and the bolts went through the holes on the top of the plate, none on the bottom.

On this one there are no holes at the top, they're closed. There are holes on the bottom with a plastic insert in them. They are too small for bolt holes, but screws work perfect.
The only problem is that the holes are a little too far apart for the holes in the plate.

I'll probably just re-drill holes in the plate, but I'm curious where this tailgate could be from :?

here's a pic of the entire tailgate, it's definitely not made for the long european plate...
By asianrob
#11531 looks like the US version tail gate with those screw parts on the bottom.... the only place i can think of is.......... South american countries but i couldnt tell ya
By teal_dx
eg8ferio wrote:looks like the US version tail gate with those screw parts on the bottom....

that's what I thought too, but then I'm confused why US plates won't fit
By asianrob
#11533 hte ones on top fit right but the one's on the bottom dont right?
By teal_dx
#11536 yeah the holes on the top line up but they aren't really holes. They don't go through, they are solid metal in the center. I tried to see if I could punch through with a small screwdriver, but nope it is solid.
By asianrob
#11537 self tapping screw :D haha or drill them out and get like those things to put the screws in
By Civic_HatchSI
teal_dx wrote:
JDM-Chick wrote:looks the same as my hatch

maybe canada plates have a different bolt pattern then :?

could be not to sure

heres mine without the plate
By teal_dx
#11574 and yours has 2 plastic screw clips on the bottom holes, and where the top bolt holes should be is solid metal in the holes?

if so, maybe I have a CDM tail gate... :lol:
By Civic_HatchSI
#11584 yep top two where the bolts go are metal :thumb:

you have a canadian tail gate eh? lol
By Fastfwd
#11649 blame canada :twisted:

looks the same to me, USDM plate doesnt fit at the holes either
By Greasedmonkey
#11662 I dont really see how the tailgates could really be different, for height just width. Here are some of mine.

My plate isnt held onto the car by any bolts on the bottom. Just the top has them.
By chnzgoofball
#11663 probably canada's thats what it looks like to me
By civicnation93
#11670 Im not sure if its Canadian...my civic is and the plate holes dont really look like that on mine