Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By CalvinTat
#36754 Hey all, so I kinda snapped a screw in my 93 Si Hatch and I just wanted to ask everyone on here if this screw plays any significant role in the vehicle.

Screw Location was the rear interior left quarter and is directly below the little so called "light" in the trunk. The screw is the one that is covered by a small round plastic cover. I am unsure as to if this screw plays a function in anything at all but I have unfortunately snapped it clean off. My only real concern is that the screw is around the area of the fuel tank and line leading to the tank.

Just wanted to check with everyone here as to the importance of this screw before I drill it out or leave it alone as it isn't really needed to hold my interior panels in place.

Thanks a lot
By sqsi
#36758 got a pic?
By sqsi
#36760 I think it just secures the rear plastic, but the pic will help.
By teal_dx
#36761 that screw has nothing to do with the fuel system, just holds the panel. I have been driving around without that screw (as well as the others in the pic) for a while :)
By CalvinTat
#36762 Awesome, Thanks for the quick help guys. Greatly appreciated.
By yashep
#36772 is not necesary, maybe it'll rattle a little but is not "needed"