Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By iheartjdm
#32986 so im new to this site and i got a question??
what would be the best swap for my hatch?
it came equipped with a d15z1??
im thinking a b16???
can anyone help me out? thanks.
:thumb: :thumb:
By hondajunkee
#32988 why would you want to get rid of the d15z1? gotta love that vtec-e :thumb:
By iheartjdm
#32991 well im lookin to boost pretty soon??
im not too sure if the d15z1 is worthy??
By fresh eh2*
#33001 If your gonna go boost consider going with a B18A/B...its a DOHC non vtec motor. It goes very good with boost because its a low compression motor. The price for the whole swap is fairly reasonable costing less then 1k for the whole swap. :thumb:
By Greasedmonkey
#33054 The b16a is a good turbo motor. So is, as mentioned above, the B18B/A. I would say the B18b1 being that it is paired with a Hydro tranny. You need that.
By split sec eg
#33126 craigslist you can get a gud deal... jess becareful thou.... look at the parts and do some homework on it
By bietelboer
#34424 The easyest swap is the B16a2, your wire's are already VTEC... so peace of cake :lol:
By iheartjdm
#35105 where would i be able to get a b18a from??
im working on a small budget so im really looking out for the best deal i can find as far as a swap.
i can get a turbo kit from a good friend for 900???
had it for a week and got pulled over...
there making him sell the car now..
ive looked up some turbo kits on the web and from what ive seen so far i think its a good deal??
By XocruncheyriceoX
bietelboer wrote:The easyest swap is the B16a2, your wire's are already VTEC... so peace of cake :lol:

a b16a2 wouldn't be the easiest because it is obd2 and his car is obd1. a b16a SiR 2 would be the easyest b16 to go with, but i'd say go with a d16z6 like i did with my vx and save the SOHC 8)
By asianrob
#35241 sohc ftl!! lol first throw P28 on Buy B16 and you could possibly use your exsisting harness and just go from there and swap it in might have to change the dizzy to obd1
By bietelboer
#35249 In holland we have a Obd1 B16a2 :woot:
By Greasedmonkey
#35355 you will have to run a few wire for the vtec to work right for the b16a.
By Classiccarsrule85
#36446 Well I am also new but have owned my hatch for almost a year now and well ive done research for Bseries at least around here the worst part about going away from the Dseries just because of the hydro trans.....

So I am actually going to rebuild my Z6 i have in my cx hatch for my si race car. since i wont have to wire up vtec in that and throw in (not literally ) a DOHC ZC OBD0 will work but there is also a non-headace OBD1 version. parts are somewhat hard to find but if you know the right people its actually a nice little powerhouse and best yet if you blow up a trans you have numerous ones to choose from.

And I have a friend who has a CRX powered by a ZC and well he turbo'd it and its pretty darn fast and like i said before as long as you know people who can get you or lead you to parts you should be able to have loads of fun for a cheaper price than getting a Bseries swap.

P.S. You also could get a Hondata ecu upgrade in which you can program a simple P28 ecu for the best performance with the DOHC ZC and keep up with most cars exspecially if its turbo'd.

Only downside with the DOHC ZC is the fact that you dont have Vtec (if you see that as a downside)

Bust yea that is just my view on the subject
By ohDirka
#36447 The S21, Y21 b16 transmissions are both hydro and they were the ones that Honda put on the b16a2 SiR-II. Most people that go with a b-swap on EG's go with the a2 simply because its obd1 and you don't have to do as much wiring work. The B16a (the ones found in CRX's) are the ones with a cable transmission and obd0