Technical Topics specific to the Hatchback body - NOT where you post pics/build specs of your car.
By LowTEC-Derbo
#30584 yes. there are a bunch of 10mm bolts holding in the headlight.

there is two on the side and one in the front by the middle area.
By Civic_HatchSI
#30672 you dont have to remove the whole bumper, you just have to remove the screws from the side and on top of the bumper

By BAXTER_EJ1
#30673 I got mine out without even removing or unscrewing the bumper :?

VERY tight though.

On that note, my bolts on the top of the bumper are COMPLETELY seized and stripped, what to do?
By Civic_HatchSI
MKennedy86 wrote:I got mine out without even removing or unscrewing the bumper :?

VERY tight though.

On that note, my bolts on the top of the bumper are COMPLETELY seized and stripped, what to do?

drill them out
By BAXTER_EJ1
#30678 And order new ones from Honda I presume. *sigh*
By Greasedmonkey
MKennedy86 wrote:And order new ones from Honda I presume. *sigh*

junkyard baby!!
By teal_dx
#30688 or with a grinder and a thin grinding disc, cut a groove all the way across the top. not deep enough to go all the way through it, but enough to use the biggest flat head you can find.

Or if it is really stubborn, get the biggest vice grips you can find, and clamp down on the outer edge as hard as hulk hogan could. this will ensure that it won't slip when you try to turn it. You get a lit more leverage using the outer diameter of the bumper screw compared to the center.
By LowTEC-Derbo
#30696 i dont have bottom bolts installed on my bumper so i might as well remove the whole bumper. My intercooler makes the bumper buldge out a little on the bottom so i cant screw into the bottom holes. oh well.
By hondajunkee
teal_dx wrote:Or if it is really stubborn, get the biggest vice grips you can find, and clamp down on the outer edge as hard as hulk hogan could. this will ensure that it won't slip when you try to turn it. You get a lit more leverage using the outer diameter of the bumper screw compared to the center.

i usually try to get a big ass screw driver then put a cresent wrench on the handle, put as much weight my fat ass can down on the screw driver and turn it with the wrench and if that dosnt work then i i use the vice grips
By BAXTER_EJ1
#30711 I've had BAD experiences with stubborn screws/bolts so far lol. I think I'll wait until the spring anyway when I can take a good day/weekend if needed. Don't wanna rush it *coughB16cough*.

I am so not looking forward to fucking with those screws though lol :cry:
By hondajunkee
#30712 hey if you have to cut them off, im sure i have some sitting around if you need new ones, i snag bolts, screws, clips all the time from junk yards
By BAXTER_EJ1
#30714 They're DEFINITELY gonna be demolished by the time I get them off! What about the rear ones too?! :thumb:

Now you've got me interested. :hehe:
By hondajunkee
#30715 front and rear are the same, so ill check if i have 10 here, and if not ill just snag more tomorrow
By eg_hatchie
#30741 tnx man.. i remove the screw from both sides and the top screw.. and its done... now looking goood on my fresh jdm headlyt... tnx man!!