Auto-X, Road Race, SCCA, NASA, & other motorsports
By Outkast-Jayco
#43184 I just picked up some GSR full front setups....need rotors, pads and stainless brakelines......functionality is great but we are trying to keep costs low....hahaha.

Any input would be great....thanks!
By teal_dx
#43191 ss lines will run you about $100 for all 4 corners, front slotted rotors another ~$100 for some EBC or similar. And you can get some EBC Green pads for less than $50.
By Outkast-Jayco
#43203 Cool thanks! I hear ceramic is the way to go.
By Mordiiax
#43206 EBC green, is that really to recommend for the track? Sure, it is nice to have dust free brake pads for your showcar, but two laps on a normal track and all you got left is the steelbracket that once was an important part of your brake setup.
I have never heard of someone that been happy with EBC at all regarding trackdays.

I could of course be wrong, but it is never fun to hold back on the throttle becouse you don´t trust your brakes. :wink:
By Outkast-Jayco
#43214 Yeah probably gonna be more local auto-x events and some twisty mountain driving. I cant imagine that I would be doing much real track events, maybe 2-3 a year but I guess I could always swap pads for race.
By Mordiiax
#43215 Personally i´m not sure that they last even on a smaller auto-x event :whistle:
But you might also want pads that not require warm-up runs before they really put you to a halt :P
Green stuff is for me only for showcars and maximum spirited street driving.
By Outkast-Jayco
Mordiiax wrote:Personally i´m not sure that they last even on a smaller auto-x event :whistle:
But you might also want pads that not require warm-up runs before they really put you to a halt :P
Green stuff is for me only for showcars and maximum spirited street driving.

any suggestions?
By Outkast-Jayco
LowTEC-Derbo wrote:www.buybrakes.com

i got my ss lines there i believe. Technafits.

With the SS lines should I be looking for the EG ones or do I need to find the ones that match my GSR brakes?
By LowTEC-Derbo
#43225 are you getting all for corners?

if you have all 4 rear disc brakes..

this one..

http://www.buybrakes.com/store/HN-1330

I got this with the $10 off from the website coupon.
By Outkast-Jayco
#43237 Werd....yeah I have all 4 disk....sweet thanks man.