Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By Jsa-SIR2
#3109 wow thats shaved! :) cant wate to c ti dun!
By york62
#3114 man keep up posted ..it looks amasing, i'm thinking of maybe doing a partial tuck. i plan to make a post too :P

thanks for the inspiration!!!
By york62
#3157 also do you have any more pics of the inside of the firewall or tips for relocating some of the components inside the fire wall?
By ChicagoMike
#3524 Ohhh I luv updates on killer projects.Image
By york62
#3700 ya i guess it isnt ... i gave up on that, haha and i need to get all my body work done i only have my friends garage for 2 more weeks!
By teal_dx
#4615 new pics:

everything goes into the heater core hole (I had to enlarge it)

Still have to run a vac line for the MAP & power wire for the starter after that I'll gromet & seal it.

the stainless clutch line is easier to work with & hide, but the angle on the master cyl sent the line rubbing on the firewall. (I put a piece of tape on to protect the paint before) Then I blew some more $$ on Earls AN fittings to make it curve down

Should have bought stock in Earls before this project

here you can see the brake booster flipped 180?

The original hose was cut to make the new shorter "tucked" hose. The old left over parts are on top of the manifold
By teal_dx
#4616 Image
here's the inside of the firewall. :thumbdown: messy

I started by figuring out where stuff can go. Most areas of the firewall are too thin to drill, I'd go through to the engine bay. The same goes for welding, most areas can't get hot or I'll fry the paint on the other side..

it's hard to tell that I have a plan, but the Coil will mount on the center console. the fuse box will be mounted to the firewall just above the footwell. The ECU will come last since it has plenty of wire length. I may mount it in the glove box, so I can take it with me if I need to immobilize the car.

the tray that held the ABS computer was in the way, and a great place to mount the coil...

a few seconds with the cutoff wheel :twisted:

more to come on the inside...

here's an overall shot until next time Everything is hooked up with the exception of power & ground wires, catch can, clutch master cyl tank (still figuring out this one- I shaved the holes on the shock tower where it normally goes) and a few vac lines.
By york62
#4663 i bow to you !!
By teal_dx
#4666 in the last pic you can see I mounted the clutch resvoir (fluid tank thingy) in the cowl since there will no longer be a wiper motor there. I tried it out as a test and it will fit with the cover on. Do you guys think it is a good idea to mount it up there? I won't be able to see it if it gets low, but then how often does that ever need topped off? :?
By ChicagoMike
#4667 I think it'll be fine, you hardly ever have to use it. Plus its pretty fast taking out that plastic piece if you needed to get to it.
By boxcarracer0260
#4683 looks really sick...i hope you are going to grommet the hole so nothing gets cut....but it is freaking awesome looking.
By Skyu_Ivy
#6214 <---- Inspired!

Looking awesome!
By chnzgoofball
#6217 wow... :o
By LaMbErT*
#6220 Holy fookin shit mang! I wish i could do that! I can't wait to see it done and what its gunna look like with everything connected back up!

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: another legend :thumb: :thumb: