Appearance, Paint & Body Work
By 94EJ2
#251676 its a sucktion system so it dont really matter where it is it can suck up the coolant if it needs or it pushes it down into the container so i dont see a problem with it
By hatchaddict
#255874 I'm in the process of doing thos to my hatch and the studs where the fuel filter and stuff mount too got grinded flat and in your pics it looks like you did the seme how did you re mount the fuel filter onto the fire wall? Also. What would happen if I just ran the two fron breaks off the master? Run the one line for the fronts and put a splitter in and left the rears with nothing? I would cap the one line off the master and use the other for the fronts? Please help
By MHG
#255879 then you would have no rear brakes?!? Why the f***ing hell, would you want to do that? :shock:
By teal_dx
#255895 yeah not a good idea to re-engineer your brakes. Not worth totaling your car cause it wouldn't stop.
I ran an inline fuel filter instead of the one on the firewall.
By hatchaddict
#255921 Well because when I was pullin breaklines off without using a line wrench I rounded em off so I had to cut the two rears from where the come into the proportion valve. What kinda inline fuel filter did you use? Fly on over to wisco and help me out haha
By dbrooks
hatchaddict wrote:Well because when I was pullin breaklines off without using a line wrench I rounded em off so I had to cut the two rears from where the come into the proportion valve. What kinda inline fuel filter did you use? Fly on over to wisco and help me out haha

Buy new brake lines. Don't risk killing others or yourself.

Oh, buy a set of line wrenches too.
By Ecc0
dbrooks wrote:
hatchaddict wrote:Well because when I was pullin breaklines off without using a line wrench I rounded em off so I had to cut the two rears from where the come into the proportion valve. What kinda inline fuel filter did you use? Fly on over to wisco and help me out haha

Buy new brake lines. Don't risk killing others or yourself.

Oh, buy a set of line wrenches too.

I got custom rear braided lines made now all my lines are braided and works out to be a similar price as buying pipe a bender pipe flaring kit and the copper pipe.

Still not fully installed but gives you an idea of where I ran them

By kingjmack
Ecc0 wrote:I got custom rear braided lines made now all my lines are braided and works out to be a similar price as buying pipe a bender pipe flaring kit and the copper pipe.

Where did you get the lines made at?
By Ecc0
kingjmack wrote:
Ecc0 wrote:I got custom rear braided lines made now all my lines are braided and works out to be a similar price as buying pipe a bender pipe flaring kit and the copper pipe.

Where did you get the lines made at?

Hey sorry for the late reply on this been real busy being a dad lol.

There is a UK based company called Hel Performance that make to order, I also know that Goodridge will do this too but charge a shed load for it.

Here's a link to the Hel site

http://www.brake-lines.co.uk/?gclid=CMiYkput46oCFUkf4QodqlPv7Q

I also got my braided fuel line and Earls inline fuel filter from them at a great price.
By 93hb
#269467 Hi teal great work I know you done this so long ago but I haver a question instead welding all the little holes can I use like JB weld or some form of that for all those little and use the welder for all the big hole's on the firewall... Thanks :thumb:
By RWMIII
teal_dx wrote:I think JB weld would crack over time. I wouldn't do it.

^^agreed

Doing it correctly the first time will save you a second time, and alot of headaches.
By illason
#276888 Nice work..